Just when you didn't think a Chevy could get uglier....

Expedition Leader
Every big pickup on the market today is ugly as sin; most of them are still trying to copy the "Peterbilt" look that Dodge came out with however many years ago. It's like some competition (more likely an inside secret joke) between all the living pickup designers in the world today: who can build the fugliest POS that the public will still buy? Winner gets bragging rights at the next annual meeting of the Truck Urban Resource & Design association. They have a huge Ugly tree somewhere that they're pushing them all out of, and letting them hit every branch on the way down.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Looks to me like Chevy's trying to copy Ford's F-150 "block of wood" styling.
It's certainly not aerodynamic.:(

Lowdown

Seriously, the only "truck" as you call them over there I have seen that are uglier, was a pimped out Range Rover Sport, with gilded rims, lowered suspension and all sorts of ridiculous, seemingly homemade, set of spoilers and other junk.

I don't know much about American trucks or ditto cars in general, but when I put my order in (I have since recanted) for a Morgan Threewheeler with a "modern" American Twin Engine, I was appaled to learn it had to be downhill, with quite a breeze from behind, and the sun blasting on the rear to make it go even 30m to the UK gallon (i.e. 1.2 US gallon). That shattered that. If I wanted that bad fuel economy, I figured I'd rather have something more modern and "sportier". Still can't decide if I want to go Italian or German. Probably the latter.

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
I dunno... The GMC actually looks very "road warrior" boxy and just a brute. I like it! Can't wait to see the 3/4 & 1 tons. I still like my "Cat's eyes" on my 2007 Classic and no smog junk on my LBZ!

HumphreyBear

Adventurer
AREO DYNAMICS= MPG= EPA
The EPA FUEL standards have a whole lot with how UGLY a truck looks.

http://www.epa.gov/fueleconomy/

That's one of the funniest 'let's just blame the government" concoctions I seen on this board, and there have been some doozies.... Like all good conspiracies, take a kernel of truth (no matter how small), wring any common sense out and add lots of manure until your fellow Internet travellers just push it as fact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman