Just when you didn't think a Chevy could get uglier....

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Looks to me like Chevy's trying to copy Ford's F-150 "block of wood" styling.
It's certainly not aerodynamic.:(

I agree!:Wow1: If the truck did not have the bowtie on the front I would have thought it was another Ford. Man that is ugly. I am sure glad 'I am driving a `modern´1978 model.....:ylsmoke:

chicken corners

Adventurer
The Dodge 2013 1500 with the V6, lowers it self to the road the faster it goes. It also has louvers in the grill, that open and close with the speed of the truck. Why? Chevrolet, and Ford are building butt ugly trucks because they want to? EPA and MPG has nothing to do with the design of these trucks, and why they are ugly? LOL

Lowdown

The Dodge 2013 1500 with the V6, lowers it self to the road the faster it goes. It also has louvers in the grill, that open and close with the speed of the truck. Why? Chevrolet, and Ford are building butt ugly trucks because they want to? EPA and MPG has nothing to do with the design of these trucks, and why they are ugly? LOL

If they truly wanted higher MPG, and EPA had any real power, that "ugliness" would be a lot more aerodynamic, the truck would be much lighter and much smaller. Take a look at Japanese and European cars: They almost without exception get better MPG, are more aerodynamic and doesn't look like anything like this where the design department apparently went "We want it tall at the front, huge at the front, and loads of things to catch the air and create vortexes. In fact, if people buying into ****e like this, would stop and actually think about MPG in general, it would be more aerodynamic, lighter, smaller, and get much better milage per gallon.

I'm sorry, but lowering itself the faster it goes, has more to do with handling. I'd hate to try to avoid something with something as tall as that. Closing of the airrvents the faster it goes? Are you freaking kidding me? You think that is EPA dictating something as ridiculous as that? Do you think that really matters much in the MPG quest? It's a freaking barn door and it doesn't matter if the peep hole is closed, or the hinges of it are "inlaid". It's still a freaking barn door.

Last edited:

chicken corners

Adventurer
If they truly wanted higher MPG, and EPA had any real power, that "ugliness" would be a lot more aerodynamic, the truck would be much lighter and much smaller. Take a look at Japanese and European cars: They almost without exception get better MPG, are more aerodynamic and doesn't look like anything like this where the design department apparently went "We want it tall at the front, huge at the front, and loads of things to catch the air and create vortexes. In fact, if people buying into ****e like this, would stop and actually think about MPG in general, it would be more aerodynamic, lighter, smaller, and get much better milage per gallon.

I'm sorry, but lowering itself the faster it goes, has more to do with handling. I'd hate to try to avoid something with something as tall as that. Closing of the airrvents the faster it goes? Are you freaking kidding me? You think that is EPA dictating something as ridiculous as that? Do you think that really matters much in the MPG quest? It's a freaking barn door and it doesn't matter if the peep hole is closed, or the hinges of it are "inlaid". It's still a freaking barn door.

LOL, That was pure comedy. Thank you.

fowldarr

Explorer
I guess I'm not impressed. Nice looking new truck. I think it looks like a Chevy, not a huge departure from the last one.

Lowdown

LOL, That was pure comedy. Thank you.

Well, we can't all blame the government and think "conspiracy" constantly. What's the real comedy is that you think the car is aerodynamic, and that it's because it's so efficient it is as ugly as sin, and that the reason for this is the EPA. Seriously, it's time for a reality check.

78Bronco

Explorer
The general sure makes small wheel wells. Can they fit a 35" tire with 2" of lift?

Looks like the Ford F150 & Superduty put together. I am sure they are nice but the interior looks chunky. Headlight switch panel could have been nicer looking. The instrument cluster looks rushed with the awkward display sceen. $0.02 worth.

gloriavoxdei

Adventurer
I'm a GM guy and I honestly thing the new GM trucks are the ugliest trucks that General has ever put on the road. I'd buy a ******D before I'd drive one of those atrocities!!!!

daly

I fail to see how this looks like a Ford! I see a little dodge in the tow hook area, but other then that it doesn't look like any other make on the market. The grille is very reminiscent of the 88-93 front ends. The square wheel wells work with the truck, they follow it's boxy theme. If it had round wheel wells it would look more ford like, I'm glad it doesn't because I find the f150 hasn't looked good since 96 when they switched to the low nose "car" look (they are getting better looking, but I still don't like them). I do think the GMC is the better looking truck, but I'm interested in seeing the base model and lower equipped models when they finally start rolling out in the new year. And I really want to see some power numbers, especially from the 4.3 and 5.3.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
They took all the bad styling cues from Ford/Dodge/GM and ignored anything tasteful.

That's GM, anyone who knows anything about regular cars and trucks is long gone.

lstzephyr

wanderer
It looks about the same as the current trucks to me. I find the crewcab more ugly than the grille. I don't understand the USA's obsession with crewcabs.

78Bronco

Explorer
It looks about the same as the current trucks to me. I find the crewcab more ugly than the grille. I don't understand the USA's obsession with crewcabs.

The people in the back can open the door and get out without either the driver or passenger having to let them out. I don't understand the point of extracabs or supercabs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78