"King Leonidas" Build thread!

pangaea

Adventurer
Yeah, that sounds easy to come by:sombrero::sombrero:!! I will admit I was let down by the Goo Gone. Did not stand up to praise it received in my opinion. Then again, I didn't use a heat gun so maybe that was the missing link. I'll try to find some jet fuel for if I remove the side molding!

Technique and patience seem to make a big difference with goo gone. If you want to take of adhesive, you really need to give it a few minutes to saturate before you start scraping. I also like to use a nice rough towel to get the adhesive off, since the extra edges seem to help get the gunk off.

muskyman

Explorer
You may want to google citrus label removers, there are a number of commercial grade products that work much better then goo gone. The ones I have had great luck with are in spray cans and are designed for janitorial or body shop use. I seem to remember tecnec brand? was the can I bought at the local body shop supply.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Also try marine adhesive remover. It is designed to break down 3M's 5200 sealant which is tough stuff. I used it on the fender flare sticky back goo and it worked very well. Anything that was left over came right off using a clay bar. :coffee:

pnorvell

Adventurer
Technique and patience seem to make a big difference with goo gone. If you want to take of adhesive, you really need to give it a few minutes to saturate before you start scraping. I also like to use a nice rough towel to get the adhesive off, since the extra edges seem to help get the gunk off.

Yes indeed sir! I thought I had given the product enough time to site but I must have been too eager! The towel is a great idea! I used the buffer pad on my buffer and it worked pretty well!

You may want to google citrus label removers, there are a number of commercial grade products that work much better then goo gone. The ones I have had great luck with are in spray cans and are designed for janitorial or body shop use. I seem to remember tecnec brand? was the can I bought at the local body shop supply.

Blaster is a brand that has worked pretty well for me. I'll probably look into more of their products as well as Tecnec. Thanks for advice, as it seems my days with Goo Gone are numbered :sombrero:.

Also try marine adhesive remover. It is designed to break down 3M's 5200 sealant which is tough stuff. I used it on the fender flare sticky back goo and it worked very well. Anything that was left over came right off using a clay bar. :coffee:

Yet another great approach! I think I'll be moving quite fine if I decide to remove the side molding!

Clay bar?

Thanks for all the info it is much appreciated

Peter,

where did you buy your 16in rims?

I purchased them off of Ebay. Worked out really well as the seller was going to be driving through Atlanta so I didn't have to pay for shipping.

After receiving the rims I prepped them, sanded, prepped some more, and painted them with Duplicolor wheel paint and followed with Duplicolor Clear Coat.

I like the look as it's different than all the rest, but I wouldn't do it again. The Clear Coat has spider web cracks all through out the wheel. It has held up well other than the cracks.

IMG_7358.jpg

IMG_7360.jpg

DSC_0614.jpg

Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger