Kingdom Campers?

Treefarmer1

I think he's gaining more interest in his campers overall since he's been posting a bit on social media. But I think a lot of people are nervous about dropping that kind of cash on a camper before the specs have even been fully worked out. That was one of my wife's concerns. I'd be a lot more concerned if I hadn't followed along with Treefarmer's build. He's basically dropping 6ft of length and an axle but the rest of the box is supposed to be very similar to the XL.

1. One of the reasons I'm considering Kindom is because of that suspension so I'll try to save elsewhere.
2. He's planning a single axle for this one (Cruisemaster ATX).
3. Good point.
4. He's planning on 1440w of solar and 1036 AH of lithium. That's where I'll cut costs a bit because although I'd love to have that much, we can certainly get by with less of both. I believe he's using batteries with 519 AH so I'll probably drop one battery and at least one panel.
5. I think he's going to keep the height/width very similar to the XL and that seems about right for us.
6. We also have a Sonos Move a that's what I'd bring along instead of having something installed.
7. I believe it comes with the same toilet that Treefarmer got. We definitely don't want a black tank. It will have 50 gal fresh and 50 gal gray tanks.
We'll be watching this mid-sized trailer develop. If/when we ever build a house again and stop living in the trailer fulltime, we'll look at something lightweight for "vacation" living like normal people.

Todd34

We'll be watching this mid-sized trailer develop. If/when we ever build a house again and stop living in the trailer fulltime, we'll look at something lightweight for "vacation" living like normal people.
Yeah, that's how we're planning to use it. I might do longer trips of a couple months during the summer, but for now it will mostly be for long weekends and trips up to a couple weeks during the holidays.

hscoots

I am also waiting to see their midsize offering looks, most likely will be out of my price range, but no harm in waiting.

Motomax

So I got my adventure pro mini 2.0 a few months ago and I have to say I’m not that pleased. Granted I have nothing to compare it to but some of the fit and finish was not perfect and seemed rushed. I accepted it as it was one of the cheaper “premium” options. Unfortunately, a series of electrical issues lead me to find some things that frankly quite pissed me off. Hidden behind the propane tank, bracket, and wedged in metal panel was a complete rats nest of wiring.

Quite literally every bolt that had a ring terminal was loose (this was the cause of most electrical issues). The “AC distribution” is just a power strip that’s mounted by a single screw in a plastic cap. This cap will fall off eventually and the metal strip might land right on the exposed battery positive terminal. There’s a complete disregard for wire bend radiuses. The battery is only secured by wedging it behind an L bracket, nothing on top holding it down. Fuse holders were left laying on the bottom with the covers falling off. The inverter is also mounted vertically when the manual says that’s not OK, They also wrapped the negative lug in electrical tape but left the positive one exposed which sits quite close to the metal panel. Am I over reacting here?

On the pro side, Jamin has been very responsive on fixing the little stuff. Unfortunately, I cant get them to fix this mess from 2k miles away…

Attachments

• IMG_5843.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5879.jpeg
    IMG_5879.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5881.jpeg
    IMG_5881.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5878.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 22

WillySwan

... Am I over reacting here? ...

Thanks for sharing this. You certainly are not over reacting. I can only imagine your disappointment as you discovered this. For all the reasons you mention, this looks like one of the most unprofessional commercial (or DIY) electrical installations I have seen.

Kingdom Camping was on my short list for an eventual 4-season upgrade from my Dweller 13. However, they would really need to prove they have this wiring system issue under control before I would give them any consideration.

Motomax

Thanks for sharing this. You certainly are not over reacting. I can only imagine your disappointment as you discovered this. For all the reasons you mention, this looks like one of the most unprofessional commercial (or DIY) electrical installations I have seen.

Kingdom Camping was on my short list for an eventual 4-season upgrade from my Dweller 13. However, they would really need to prove they have this wiring system issue under control before I would give them any consideration.
It’s very disappointing especially since attention to detail takes almost no effort. A small wire tray or some screw in zip tie mounts are super cheap. A rubber grommet for the hole in the floor would have been less than $5. Sanding down the rough edge when you cut the shelving and wall materials takes 30 seconds. They used massive 4/0 wiring for the inverter but ran the negative to the bus bar that’s fed by a 6gauge wire… lol. I’m a little worried to look at the plumbing lol.

I’ve emailed them a few times throughout the week and Jamin has definitely been quick to fix the easy stuff and send out parts but he has yet to even acknowledge the poor wiring job…

Todd34

Thanks for sharing. I have a deposit down on the first mid-size and I'll definitely add this to my list of things to chat with Jamin about. I get that no trailer is going to be perfect, but I'd also like to do what I can to ensure that the big stuff is squared away as much as possible.

kingdomcamping

So I got my adventure pro mini 2.0 a few months ago and I have to say I’m not that pleased. Granted I have nothing to compare it to but some of the fit and finish was not perfect and seemed rushed. I accepted it as it was one of the cheaper “premium” options. Unfortunately, a series of electrical issues lead me to find some things that frankly quite pissed me off. Hidden behind the propane tank, bracket, and wedged in metal panel was a complete rats nest of wiring.

Quite literally every bolt that had a ring terminal was loose (this was the cause of most electrical issues). The “AC distribution” is just a power strip that’s mounted by a single screw in a plastic cap. This cap will fall off eventually and the metal strip might land right on the exposed battery positive terminal. There’s a complete disregard for wire bend radiuses. The battery is only secured by wedging it behind an L bracket, nothing on top holding it down. Fuse holders were left laying on the bottom with the covers falling off. The inverter is also mounted vertically when the manual says that’s not OK, They also wrapped the negative lug in electrical tape but left the positive one exposed which sits quite close to the metal panel. Am I over reacting here?

On the pro side, Jamin has been very responsive on fixing the little stuff. Unfortunately, I cant get them to fix this mess from 2k miles away…
Hi Max, please see the reply from RedArc as I have communicated via email.

Altho it appears the electrical issue was the failed rj45 cable which RedArc replaced under warranty.

I am willing to personally fly out to your place and correct any issues you see with your trailer and it’s electrical system.

Jamin
Kingdom Camping

Attachments

• IMG_1974.jpeg
    IMG_1974.jpeg
    652.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Motomax

Altho it appears the electrical issue was the failed rj45 cable which RedArc replaced under warranty.

I am willing to personally fly out to your place and correct any issues you see with your trailer and it’s electrical system.

Jamin
Kingdom Camping
Hey Jamin,
I look forward to working with you on getting this resolved.

Just to clarify the RedArc faults. The bad output cable was a result of a 2volt drop between the battery and manager 30. This was identified by following the troubleshooting steps on the RedArc website for that specific fault and the cause was loose connections on the positive circuit. The over voltage fault as RedArc stated to us was a result of faulty firmware in their older displays (we will see if this comes back). The low voltage cutout was likely caused by the loose connections but maybe that’s what RedArc believed the CAN cable would fix, if that comes back I’ll replace the cable and see.

Thanks again for being willing to make this right.

kingdomcamping

Jamin
Kingdom Camping
I look forward to correcting any present errors and resolving this, we are always open to constructive criticism and happy to take care of our customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online