Kingdom Campers?

Treefarmer1

Man, I wish they offered a twin axle toyhauler version for half the price of the XR22. The quality looks second to none.
It's tough to do a toy hauler using the Cruisemaster suspensions. They are built to excel on rough roads/terrain. You can get some really good CCC capacity on them (especially if it's just for camping/living), but not toy hauler level of performance. That's why you tend to see Timbren straight axles on the "offroad" toy haulers.

Treefarmer1

Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for you and your family. The price you've listed it at ($89,900) is an awesome price for someone looking for dual axle off road trailer. All of the standard options and upgrades you've done are equal to or far beyond what's available on any other dual axle unit. Anything else in the same class is selling for $140k plus. Make sure you message Sendit65 directly. Christmas may have come early for him!

Last edited:

Treefarmer1

I ran into “Kingdom Campers” at the 2022 Overland Expo Mtn west. I was really intrigued by their campers and their off-grid capability. Especially their claim that their solar/battery system would allow the use of AC (some Dometic model) 24hrs per day. Since I live in South Texas, where the devil comes to cool down, the ability to stay off-grid for several days without needing a generator sounds like heaven!

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find much info on their models outside of their own YouTube channel. So, I thought I’d reach out here - maybe some of y’all’s have some insight and recommendations? I’m particularly interested in their newer dual axle camper.

I tried to see if I could find any used model deals for sale - as an indication whether they’re hold their value relatively well. I couldn’t find ANY for sale. That could be a great indicator but it doesn’t help me when considering one as my VERY FIRST trailer purchase.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks to anyone that answers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may be in luck. Nomad Norman needs to sell his brand new Caravan XL at a helluva price. We may buy it just to have a spare.🙂

Todd34

Bringing this one back up....
I have been looking online at a lot of campers with an indoor toilet to keep the wife happy and with suspension, etc. to keep it in one piece when trying to get a bit more remote. I keep coming back to Kingdom's mid-size.

The Imperial X145 is also a contender since the price of the X145's are starting to come down (I've seen a couple advertised for just below 80k) but Jamin will build his with everything I want and nothing I don't want for the same price. A bit less if I delete a battery and some solar.

75-80k for a camper is more than I wanted to spend, but I just don't see anything in the 50-60k range that seems as well built and capable without going with a pop-top.

Is there one that I'm missing?

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

If you check out the FB page on Xplores Raspy has posted a very honest run down on some issues in the new Xplores. Nothing earth shattering I and I only mention this because even if you could find a x145 for the same or similar price to the Kingdom mid size you might want to factor in a bit of time and or $ to take care of the issues of a brand new x145. This is assuming that these issues have not been fixed. But any units going into the 85k range are liklely last years inventory.

Seems like Treefarmers are very happy with thier Kingdom and they know thier sheet that's for sure!

As far as off road trailers with cruise master level suspension, wet bath and four season insulation it's a choice between Kingdom, Xplore and maybe Pause but that suspension they have is heavy and so new.

My question is all that insulation really nessassary?

What is your tow vehicle?

Todd34

If you check out the FB page on Xplores Raspy has posted a very honest run down on some issues in the new Xplores. Nothing earth shattering I and I only mention this because even if you could find a x145 for the same or similar price to the Kingdom mid size you might want to factor in a bit of time and or $ to take care of the issues of a brand new x145. This is assuming that these issues have not been fixed. But any units going into the 85k range are liklely last years inventory.

Seems like Treefarmers are very happy with thier Kingdom and they know thier sheet that's for sure!

As far as off road trailers with cruise master level suspension, wet bath and four season insulation it's a choice between Kingdom, Xplore and maybe Pause but that suspension they have is heavy and so new.

My question is all that insulation really nessassary?

What is your tow vehicle?
Thanks for the reply and great points.

My truck is a 23 Tundra iForce max and that's another big factor. I'd like to keep the dry weight in the 5k range so I'm still good when I add water, food, gear, etc.

Great question about the insulation. That's not necessary for us as we don't plan for extreme weather camping. I'm happy to have it but I could get by without it. What's most important to me is the suspension, build quality, water and solar. What's most important to my wife is an indoor bathroom, a nice place to hang out if the weather gets bad and a more homey feel inside. She enjoys camping but doesn't love it like I do and having a comfortable space for her is what will keep her coming along.

A 16ft box would work well for us and the dog. That's what Jamin is planning for his mid-size. I think the X145 would feel a bit tight and I have been following along with all of Raspy's input on that FB group. I would still consider it knowing that I'd have to fix some things but it's not my top choice. I like the layout of the Pause 16.4 but I do still worry about it being built with a touch of the Elkhart mindset even though Pause is on it's own line, etc. And I'm definitely not going to pay close to 100k for one.

Treefarmer's thread is why I started looking at Kingdom and I'm happy that I did. I've been searching for a while now and I'm fairly certain that Kingdom is the route I'll go, but dropping that kind of cash is a big step and it never hurts to get a few more opinions before taking that step!

Treefarmer1

We're camped out near Huntington, UT now. Last night it got down to 20 degrees. When we went to bed, it was 60 degrees inside the trailer. When we woke up it was 48 degrees inside. We turned on the heat for 15 minutes this morning to get it back up to 60 degrees (we like it cooler, especially for sleeping). It's the first time we've run the heat in months. We generally don't try to camp in cold areas on purpose, but when we end up with cold overnight temps, we really like all that insulation. I don't think the insulation on the smaller Kingdom trailers will be as substantial as it is on the XL. When we worked with Jamin to build the first XL, we specified what each layer in the walls/roof/floor would be so we ended up with more insulation (especially by adding thermal breaks) than you typically see on a trailer. As a result, we're at 7,800 lbs dry weight (9,820 lbs GVWR). I tell people nothing less than a F250/2500 for towing an XL, but people like to push their vehicles up to 100%+ of capacity. We did finally post a blog (RVino Blog) with pictures from some remote AZ camping. We haven't gotten around to the Mojave Preserve pictures yet.

We're camped out near Huntington, UT now. Last night it got down to 20 degrees. When we went to bed, it was 60 degrees inside the trailer. When we woke up it was 48 degrees inside. We turned on the heat for 15 minutes this morning to get it back up to 60 degrees (we like it cooler, especially for sleeping). It's the first time we've run the heat in months. We generally don't try to camp in cold areas on purpose, but when we end up with cold overnight temps, we really like all that insulation. I don't think the insulation on the smaller Kingdom trailers will be as substantial as it is on the XL. When we worked with Jamin to build the first XL, we specified what each layer in the walls/roof/floor would be so we ended up with more insulation (especially by adding thermal breaks) than you typically see on a trailer. As a result, we're at 7,800 lbs dry weight (9,820 lbs GVWR). I tell people nothing less than a F250/2500 for towing an XL, but people like to push their vehicles up to 100%+ of capacity. We did finally post a blog (RVino Blog) with pictures from some remote AZ camping. We haven't gotten around to the Mojave Preserve pictures yet.

Great update. Not sure why I mentioned insulation other then wondering if Jamin could build a mid size model for a bit less if it was designed in a way that could make it more 3.5 season to cover 15 degrees above freezing instead of what Xplores claim of -40 but maybe Jamin is at a point he can't go to crazy on customization. Or maybe there isn't a way to make it less money.

Thanks for the reply and great points.

My truck is a 23 Tundra iForce max and that's another big factor. I'd like to keep the dry weight in the 5k range so I'm still good when I add water, food, gear, etc.

Great question about the insulation. That's not necessary for us as we don't plan for extreme weather camping. I'm happy to have it but I could get by without it. What's most important to me is the suspension, build quality, water and solar. What's most important to my wife is an indoor bathroom, a nice place to hang out if the weather gets bad and a more homey feel inside. She enjoys camping but doesn't love it like I do and having a comfortable space for her is what will keep her coming along.

A 16ft box would work well for us and the dog. That's what Jamin is planning for his mid-size. I think the X145 would feel a bit tight and I have been following along with all of Raspy's input on that FB group. I would still consider it knowing that I'd have to fix some things but it's not my top choice. I like the layout of the Pause 16.4 but I do still worry about it being built with a touch of the Elkhart mindset even though Pause is on it's own line, etc. And I'm definitely not going to pay close to 100k for one.

Treefarmer's thread is why I started looking at Kingdom and I'm happy that I did. I've been searching for a while now and I'm fairly certain that Kingdom is the route I'll go, but dropping that kind of cash is a big step and it never hurts to get a few more opinions before taking that step!

I almost went with Jamin on the mid size but my weight limit was 3k dry. I was already committed to Trail Marker so I stayed with them.

I do admit I am really curious about the re design of the mid size. Very suprised there is not more interest that would have pushed Jamin to get one built. So couple of quick questions and comments:

1. Could you go Cruisemaster spring model to save weight and cost?

2. Is it single or duel axel?

3. I would definitely pay extra for galvanizing chassis if you plan on keeping it for a long period.

4. If your not a high power user or don't need the AC very much maybe 360 ish amp hr lithium batteries and 400-600 watts of solar would be enough. Also maybe a 2,000 watt inverter to save

5. My trailer has 76" of interior height and I am 6'2" and it feels plenty tall. I would suggest not going any taller to keep the overall height as low as possible.

6. Not sure how much it may save but built in stereo system seem nessassary to me. I have a sonos move Bluetooth speaker with mounts on inside and out that really sounds fantastic.

7. Maybe consider cassette toilet over black tank.

Todd34

I almost went with Jamin on the mid size but my weight limit was 3k dry. I was already committed to Trail Marker so I stayed with them.

I do admit I am really curious about the re design of the mid size. Very suprised there is not more interest that would have pushed Jamin to get one built. So couple of quick questions and comments:

1. Could you go Cruisemaster spring model to save weight and cost?

2. Is it single or duel axel?

3. I would definitely pay extra for galvanizing chassis if you plan on keeping it for a long period.

4. If your not a high power user or don't need the AC very much maybe 360 ish amp hr lithium batteries and 400-600 watts of solar would be enough. Also maybe a 2,000 watt inverter to save

5. My trailer has 76" of interior height and I am 6'2" and it feels plenty tall. I would suggest not going any taller to keep the overall height as low as possible.

6. Not sure how much it may save but built in stereo system seem nessassary to me. I have a sonos move Bluetooth speaker with mounts on inside and out that really sounds fantastic.

7. Maybe consider cassette toilet over black tank.
I think he's gaining more interest in his campers overall since he's been posting a bit on social media. But I think a lot of people are nervous about dropping that kind of cash on a camper before the specs have even been fully worked out. That was one of my wife's concerns. I'd be a lot more concerned if I hadn't followed along with Treefarmer's build. He's basically dropping 6ft of length and an axle but the rest of the box is supposed to be very similar to the XL.

1. One of the reasons I'm considering Kindom is because of that suspension so I'll try to save elsewhere.
2. He's planning a single axle for this one (Cruisemaster ATX).
3. Good point.
4. He's planning on 1440w of solar and 1036 AH of lithium. That's where I'll cut costs a bit because although I'd love to have that much, we can certainly get by with less of both. I believe he's using batteries with 519 AH so I'll probably drop one battery and at least one panel.
5. I think he's going to keep the height/width very similar to the XL and that seems about right for us.
6. We also have a Sonos Move a that's what I'd bring along instead of having something installed.
7. I believe it comes with the same toilet that Treefarmer got. We definitely don't want a black tank. It will have 50 gal fresh and 50 gal gray tanks.

Todd34

Treefarmer,
Great update and pics on your blog. Looks like you are getting that beast out into some cool places!

Treefarmer1

I think he's gaining more interest in his campers overall since he's been posting a bit on social media. But I think a lot of people are nervous about dropping that kind of cash on a camper before the specs have even been fully worked out. That was one of my wife's concerns. I'd be a lot more concerned if I hadn't followed along with Treefarmer's build. He's basically dropping 6ft of length and an axle but the rest of the box is supposed to be very similar to the XL.

1. One of the reasons I'm considering Kindom is because of that suspension so I'll try to save elsewhere.
2. He's planning a single axle for this one (Cruisemaster ATX).
3. Good point.
4. He's planning on 1440w of solar and 1036 AH of lithium. That's where I'll cut costs a bit because although I'd love to have that much, we can certainly get by with less of both. I believe he's using batteries with 519 AH so I'll probably drop one battery and at least one panel.
5. I think he's going to keep the height/width very similar to the XL and that seems about right for us.
6. We also have a Sonos Move a that's what I'd bring along instead of having something installed.
7. I believe it comes with the same toilet that Treefarmer got. We definitely don't want a black tank. It will have 50 gal fresh and 50 gal gray tanks.
A good general ratio is two watts of solar panel power to manage every one amp hour of battery capacity.
Treefarmer,
Great update and pics on your blog. Looks like you are getting that beast out into some cool places!
Sometimes the Joshua trees try to hem you in!

DSCN1059.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior