KM2 Review

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
I haven't had mine in anything to deep, but we were in Tahoe in Feburary and they handled pretty well on the icey roads there. I really like how they handle on rain slick roads , too. I was amazed at the grip they had.
They've handled everything I've put them through so far - loose rock , rain , ice, loose dirt...

corax

Explorer
new shoes - 33x10.5x15 BFG KM2's on 8" wide black steelies with 4.5" backspacing + took off the dumpy looking JCWhitney universal rubber flares since the tires are inside the wheel wells again. I still don't have any lift on the front and don't plan on any, I do have a 1" body lift + OME Dakars out back (minus 1 overload leaf on stock length shackles) - I might have to tap the body seam at the rear of the front wheel wells a bit, but it doesn't have to get hammered flat. The rears fit fine after I bent the mudflap brackets a bit to angle them rearward.

100_5024.jpg

initial driving impressions on road:
- I can break the rear loose exiting a tight corner once again in 1st or 2nd (2nd gear only does it if I'm in the power band).
- definately a bit "looser" mid-turn through the twisties than my well worn 32x11.5 BFG A/T's w/ 3.5" backspacing, but I kinda expected that. I'm hoping they'll stick just a tad better once the new tire smell is gone and they get scuffed in
- I'm pleasantly surprised with the level of road noise - I can only hear them if I'm off the throttle, and even then it's minimal

I'm still happy with mine, although it's no longer my Daily Driver since we bought the wife a new car and kept the old one for my commute.

These tires started to "growl" at about 5k miles, but after I rotated them, they were as quiet as when new. I have yet to put another 5k on them. I haven't had them in snow/ice yet, hopefully this winter, but they performed beautifully off road.

1speed

Explorer
My truck typically eats any tire I put on it. I'm doing a six tire rotation so two of them only have about 6,000 miles on them but two have about 17,000 and they are holding up very well. These are the best tires I have ever run! They have seen everything except snow and ice and I can't say enough good about them.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Treadwear Updates?

Anyone have any tread wear updates? I'll measure mind and post up later but compared to my original BFG MT's and MT KM's I seem to be loosing a lot of tread with just 1 year of use on mine. :Wow1: :(

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
I have about 24k miles on mine now and they are at half tread. Most of the mileage is highway, but there have been many off-road trips over the last year (I bought the tires in April 2009). If I get 45k out of them, I will be very happy.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Anyone have any tread wear updates? I'll measure mind and post up later but compared to my original BFG MT's and MT KM's I seem to be loosing a lot of tread with just 1 year of use on mine. :Wow1: :(
I only have 6000 miles on my 255/85-16s and have just rotated them.
1/32" wear on the rears; no measurable wear on the fronts at all. 3800 miles were towing my trailer.

I notice that these tires are a little jittery on the highway compared to my old 285/75-16 MTR/kevlars. They also tend to hydroplane easier.
They're better in mud than the MTRs though.

654_crop.jpg

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
I just had the ones on the Dodge rotated at 4300 miles. The fronts are showing a bit more wear than my old set of the original BFG M/Ts that i had, so i had an alignment done too.
I'm hoping to get 40,000 out of these. The M/T's I got over 60000.
I think that the KM2's are a softer compound, so only time will tell....

IZVERG

Adventurer
33's here and LOVE them! Went from the AT KO to these MT KM2's and very happy I did. They clean very well and have come in handy many times already on rock and in mud.

Day One
P1290016.jpg

P1290022.jpg

P1290026.jpg

On the Trails
DSCN2182.jpg

Z Bronco

I put over 8,000 miles on a set of 35 x 12.50 x 15's mounted on 8" rims last summer going across country in my early Bronco. The tires were awesome on road and off road. I have had no issues with the tires and they are my favorite BFG MT's to date. The wear so far is good even with the Detroit locker in the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78