Land Cruiser Photos

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Mugu Rock

From a Sycamore Cyn. bike ride with my GF about a month ago.

IMG_0463.jpg

OneTime

Adventurer
From a Sycamore Cyn. bike ride with my GF about a month ago.

IMG_0463.jpg

Nstqd, Your killing me! Sycamore Canyon is where I cut my Mt. Biking teeth when I lived in Camarillo. I have actually trying to find time to write a post on MTBR.com as a tribute to that trail. I found some time away from medic school last week to ride out here in Phoenix and miss that trail so much! Nothing like parking down at the beach, riding up to the top of Backbone and down Guadalasco. Thanks for the pic and memories.

Last edited:

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Somehow the original photos are MIA... I can't remember what I posted but here are a couple other good ones... :) 55 specific to an extent of course... :)

A nice rust free 55 lying in a field in Patagonia, just waiting for someone like me to someday take it home...
attachment.php

My old 55...
attachment.php

Oldie but goodie :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 3,980
  • DSCN0232.sized.jpg
    DSCN0232.sized.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 5,093
  • Moab 142 (Small).jpg
    Moab 142 (Small).jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3,929

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
One more, these are all from deep in my hard drive...

:)
attachment.php

Pretty killer custom FJ45 camper... This one was emailed to me once upon a time by a guy who's pretty famous now who has a show on the discovery channel, pretty sweet...
attachment.php

The old school owner of Cruiser Outfitters, Daryl, and his beautiful hand made FJ45 that rolled on Moab Rim. Doh! If he didn't have that front roll bar he might have died. It was largely due to these tall skinny 34 x 9.5 Super Swampers related to lack of sidewall stability...
attachment.php

My old 55... Really nothing fancy here except I had so much damn weight in and on the vehicle and it was such a trek to this location (12 hours each way) that it felt like and "expedition," LOL... It was so solid with all of that weight, it was really pretty awesome and when I knew I'd finally built my rig well for the type of stuff I was looking to do with it... :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• flying.jpg
    flying.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 4,319
  • reader178_sm.jpg
    reader178_sm.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 3,993
  • rollover9.jpg
    rollover9.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 3,863
  • fj55.jpg
    fj55.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 3,845

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
wow your good :Wow1:dead on. pics were from local clubs fall gathering

Sweet... It was a long time ago, when I lived in New England, but I've been to the fall gathering. I believe this was in 2001. I went to high school just a few miles away at the boarding school there. It was really neat getting back there. Here are some more old photos!

Leaving the campground. That was Henry Cubillan's old FJ62 "Princess" when it was white and powered by a carburetted 3F that he drove up from Virginia... He spent a couple days before the event for the "hardcore run" in the woods in the northern New Hampshire woods with my good friends Wally Tyke Moses and my good friend Dan Burke up in Burlington area, some of the guys who fed my addiction early on :)
attachment.php

Here was the rig of his friend who had another Venezuelan spec FZJ80 that was very well set up. Back then an 80 like this was very very rare, I and pretty much everyone else had never seen one this big. Funny that it was only about 8 years ago. 4" springs, and, gasp(!!), 35" tires?! This was a factory 5 speed if I remember correctly and steel rims... About the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I forget his name - he was very nice but did not have a lot of wheeling experience. That is my old white FJ40 in the back ground. Running, hehem, 34x9.5's that were an excellent New England tire, they just bit through everything and get right to the bottom of any mud hole...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here are pics of Wally and Dan. Again these were very extrordinary rigs particularly for New England at the time! Wally hand-fabbed tubs out of 1/8" steel. My white 40 was one of those as well...

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27673&stc=1&d=1240005162
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27675&stc=1&d=1240005301
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27676&stc=1&d=1240005301
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27677&stc=1&d=1240005301

Attachments

• DSC00321.JPG
    DSC00321.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 3,844
  • DSC00317.JPG
    DSC00317.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 3,871
  • DSC00312.JPG
    DSC00312.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 3,955
  • DSC00159.JPG
    DSC00159.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC00161.JPG
    DSC00161.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC00175.JPG
    DSC00175.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC00172.JPG
    DSC00172.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC00178.JPG
    DSC00178.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

burke

Observer
The old school owner of Cruiser Outfitters, Daryl, and his beautiful hand made FJ45 that rolled on Moab Rim. Doh! If he didn't have that front roll bar he might have died. It was largely due to these tall skinny 34 x 9.5 Super Swampers related to lack of sidewall stability...

So I gotta ask what year did the guy roll his cruiser? The reason I ask is we were sitting at the trailhead of 21 road outside of fruita Colorado waiting for some guys from Cruiser outfitters and they never showed. The back story I got was that someone rolled in moab so they couldn't make it over. I am thinking this was 1999 or so.

cruiser guy

Explorer
I'm surprised I have not posted in this thread yet!

The longest drive in a '55 in recent memory!

Leaving B.C. on the Salmo-Creston Highway in February 2007.

attachment.php

Entering Guatemala on the saturday before Easter in 2007. We swapped the roof top carrier to the BJ60 and lifted the '55 in Phoenix on the way south.

attachment.php

At the LaMesilla crossing between Guatemala and Mexico, September 2007.

attachment.php

At the El Florido crossing between Guatemala and Honduras, October 2007

attachment.php

At an old car show in Guatemala City, April 2008 after getting Guatemalan tags.

attachment.php

Visiting another 'Cruiser head in San Salvador, November 2008

attachment.php

Off roading in Guatemala, March 2009.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now to the BJ60

Entering El Salvador from Honduras, September 2005.

attachment.php

Crossing a bridge in rural Honduras, September 2005.

attachment.php

cruiser guy

Explorer
Crossing the Rio Pasion, Peten, Guatemala, December 2005.

attachment.php

North of Tikal, Guatemala, December 2005.

attachment.php

North coast of Honduras, April 2006.

attachment.php

Rescuing a rolled JDM '80 in the Kootenays, British Columbia September 2006.

5.jpg

The top of the Salmo-Creston pass, British Columbia, February 2007.

attachment.php

On the coast of California February 2007.

attachment.php

Offroading on Vocan de Pacaya, Guatemala, April 2007

attachment.php

attachment.php

Independence day crowd over the hood of the '60 in Guatemala, September 2007.

attachment.php

Finca Ixobel, Guatemala, December 2007.

attachment.php

cruiser guy

Explorer
Crossing into Belize, December 2007.

attachment.php

Mountian Pine Ridge forest reserve near San Ignacio, Belize, December 2007.

attachment.php

Aguas Calientes, near Rio Dulce, Guatemala, December 2008.

attachment.php

Belize City, December 2008.

attachment.php

My FJ45LV "as found", Guatemala City, 2005.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Grease Cruiser

Adventurer
Finca Ixobel, Guatemala, December 2007.

attachment.php

Hey Charles. Is that jungle painted Land Rover still running around Finca Ixobel? I looked at buying it from the owner when I was there in 2001 but I wasn't sure it would make it back to the States. I was going to stop by there this past February but we were moving pretty fast. Sorry we missed you, we went up the Eastern side of Guatemala into Belize and we were trying to get back quickly. Someday I'd like to stop in and see the work you do.

cruiser guy

Explorer
Hey Charles. Is that jungle painted Land Rover still running around Finca Ixobel? I looked at buying it from the owner when I was there in 2001 but I wasn't sure it would make it back to the States. I was going to stop by there this past February but we were moving pretty fast. Sorry we missed you, we went up the Eastern side of Guatemala into Belize and we were trying to get back quickly. Someday I'd like to stop in and see the work you do.

I don't recall seeing it but then I'm not watching for Rovers anyways (too much time to help the owners get moving again!!). We've been to Finca Ixobel 3-4 times over the last 4-5 years. Feel free to stop by when you're around.

adventurebuddies

Adventurer
Here are a few of my 97 FZJ80 - expo build mostly completed...

Attachments

• CIMG3360.jpg
    CIMG3360.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 360
  • CIMG3399.jpg
    CIMG3399.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 336
  • RTT resized.jpg
    RTT resized.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Here are a few of my 97 FZJ80 - expo build mostly completed...

Ok, I'm intrigued! How much weight can you carry on the Thule load bars you have ontop of your RTT? The reason I have yet to go to a RTT is simply the need to haul bikes and boats on the roof of my truck. I'm curious to hear what the capacity of a setup like that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger