Land Rover Defender 110 SW 1993/94 "Endurance"

oonimog

Adventurer
Loras,
I attached a sheet that shows the specs of OME springs for Defenders. I've installed the heavy duty units on my truck and although I thought they were too firm when I first did the upgrade, I'm very happy with them now. The suspension articulates very well and they raised the truck a couple inches, which is what I wanted as I've installed 255/85's (BFG M/T that I'm also very pleased with).

Also attached are a few pictures of the 110 wearing the suspension and tires. Please excuse the bent left wing, the poor deer that I hit looked much worse...

Cheers

ShearPin

Adventurer
255/85/16

Excuse the hijack - Oonimog, do you have any shots of the rear of your 110 with the suspension compressed with the 255/85's on? My 110 has a second diesel tank tucked in the rear fender and I am concerned these tires will snag it.

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com

revor

Explorer
ShearPin said:
Excuse the hijack - Oonimog, do you have any shots of the rear of your 110 with the suspension compressed with the 255/85's on? My 110 has a second diesel tank tucked in the rear fender and I am concerned these tires will snag it.

That's a good question.

oonimog

Adventurer
Sorry guys, I don't currently have any photos of the suspension compressed, but I can try to get some. The truck is in my shop at the moment for a few upgrades but as soon as it's mobile again, I'll get a photo or two.

Loras BR

Observer
oonimog said:
Loras,
I attached a sheet that shows the specs of OME springs for Defenders. I've installed the heavy duty units on my truck and although I thought they were too firm when I first did the upgrade, I'm very happy with them now. The suspension articulates very well and they raised the truck a couple inches, which is what I wanted as I've installed 255/85's (BFG M/T that I'm also very pleased with).

Also attached are a few pictures of the 110 wearing the suspension and tires. Please excuse the bent left wing, the poor deer that I hit looked much worse...

Cheers

Thanks!!!

I was looking fot rhis information for a long time!!!

I problably get the heavy duty too (shock and spring). Do I need to buy the caster kit? How many inches did it rise in your case?

I have the auxiliary tank fuel behind the rear right wheel, as Revor.

But I don't want big tires... so I think it will be perfect.

Cheers,

Loras BR

Observer
SuperSoniC_110 said:
http://www.expeditionexchange.com/

here you can find info about OME

If you need a co-driver forthe transamazonica ,I'm your man! :wings:

I have already bought some products from them!!! Everything went just fine!!!

But I'm trying another way to buy the shocks and springs. Here in Brazil we have to pay about 70% of tax when we import products... this makes me very sad...:(

My girlfriend has just dropped me. She is going back to Sao Paulo.... I'll probably do it alone. If anyone wants to go together, it would be my pleasure!!! :sport_box

Loras BR

Observer
More...

Rear door aluminum plate, for future table (drills are ready)

Pair of Grover Stutertone - Emergency horn

Original LR Series ID Plate (My name is Rover, Land Rover)

Lateral Awing (inspired by Graham Jackson's 110)

Have more stuff to do... keep you updated!!!

Loras BR

Observer
SuperSoniC_110 said:
What is the timeframe for the trip?
it might work out!

grtz

Brother,

I'm having some professional changes these days.

I will problably start working in the Search and Rescue System (SAMU) in february.:wings:

If that happens, I won't have free time in a year. Will have to change the plans...

Regards,

Loras BR

Observer
Last trip to Serra do Tepequem!!!

Now I'm thinking in the suspension upgrade. But couldn't find all the specifications I need yet.

The options I'm checking:

- complete OME set (heavy duty)
- front original heavy duty springs, rear original 130 doble springs + OME shocks
- Bearmach blue springs front and rear + OME shocks
- Britpart suspension kit

I don't want a lift. I've discovered that if i get more than 2 pols, it will be necessary to use CV joint and to correct the caster angle. The cost will be high. Then, 2 pol is the limit. Does anyone have experience with those options?

Thanks!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears