Land Rover National Rally Leadville, CO July 28- Aug 1

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
My wife, son, and I will be there. Looking forward to it! :)

TeriAnn

Explorer
I'll me moving then. Don't have a clue where to yet but financially I need to be out of the house I'm in by the end of July.

1cactus.gif

Maybe next year.​

We'll be there....does anyone know if the venue for events / banquet has been finalized?

The museum / VFW worked out nicely last time we were there.

Cheers,

KAA

PJPR01

Adventurer
All signed up and ready to go...hope to see everyone there. :sombrero:

We'll be spending the week before running Great Divide IV as well starting in Ouray and working our way towards Leadville by the most scenic adventurous route available.

Only have to get thru this minor technical detail of the mountain of work facing me from now till then...:coffee:

Paul R.

revor

Explorer
I guess I'll be going...... Being a sponsor and all.... And the wife won't let me out of it...
And it'll be GREAT to see you all!

dieselandmud

Adventurer
still debating- you pulling the trailer Chris? If I go solo, I'll take the tentcot.

Yes Dale, the Conqueror will be pushing the DI all the way.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to setup camp in Leadville or near the venue? Where does most of the other rally people stay?

pangaea

Adventurer
I highly recommend Sugerloafin Campground. The last time the rally was in Leadville the campground filled up with participants. It was a great social venue and the facilities are excellent.

There are also quite a few camping spots around Turquoise Lake too (Sugarloafin is just down stream from it)...

Although will the early monsoon season we've been getting, you may want to bring some heavy-duty mosquito repellant, though.

This is definitely a fun event. If you're thinking about coming out... do it. You won't be disappointed. Leadville has a neat, rich mining history: Here's a link to some shots from the 2005 rally:

http://pangaea-expeditions.com/galleries/nationalrally05/index.html
http://pangaea-expeditions.com/galleries/leadville/index.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan