Land Rover National Rally: Montrose

Just arrived in Montrose, CO for the Land Rover National Rally. Looks like a good turn out this year. I'll get to see the whole group Thursday morning when we gather the first day of trail running.

I'll be running around with a video camera (black with gray fuzzy mic screen). If you see me be sure to hi.

I'll try to take some stills and post them here during the event.

Got to get the camera gear ready and catch some zzzz's.

Graham cracker should be here by tomorrow afternoon.

later.

gjackson

FRGS
Yep, I'm leaving as of now. (9:30 Thurs). My truck is pretty hard to miss, so if you see me please flag me down!

cheers

ini88

Adventurer
Andrew Walcker said:
Very cool, keep all of us working stiffs updated!

haha, yeah keep us 9-5ers/I have no more paid time off this yearers/I live in New Yorkers, up to date!

Actually, next year I will be heading over with my crew from NY/NJ :)

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Oh man, I wish I could be there. Keep an eye out for Overland Journal. Brian (mcvickoffroad) and the Hansons will be there representing the magazine. African Conservation Fund will also have the Adventure Trailers raffle prize there - the Chaser. You are going to have a blast! Lots of ExPo folks there. Keep us posted.

Ruffin' It

Explorer
Oh the agony

Man, I agonized over going or not since last winter. I sort of ended up having to chose between the Rally and the 2007 race (and a bunch of mods for aforementioned race)- the race won. Still, next year I'm doing both! There are going to be a bunch of good photos on SCLR.org

:(

Moody

Needs to get out more
Just returned from Ouray. I saw a TON of LR's on 70 on my way back to SLC...beautiful country there.

crap, you're going to hate me... i didn't take any pix today :(

i did shoot a lot of video though, but i won't be able to post anything until i get back home.

i can tell you that it was hotter than hell in grand junction today where the group that i was following went. they did a training session in the area north of town next to the airport. they used to hold camel trophy tryouts here. it used to be an old reservoir. it's a very desolate area, no breeze, it must have been 130 degrees :)

thursday night was the cocktail party. good times. great to see people i haven't seen in awhile. i think i drank too much :p

graham's here. in fact we're actually sharing a room. he's going to hate it when i start snoring, ha ha.

friday night is the vendor expo and overland journal will have a booth!

ok, i'm super tired, it's off to bed for me. pix, yes thanks for reminding me :)

OH! how could i forget! somebody rolled their d90 on poughkeepsie gulch today! they were doing the shelf obstacle and gave it a little too much gas and went backwards, turned and landed on the passenger side. took an hour to get him back on his feet. cosmetic damage only, it'll buff out :) not sure who it was, somebody from nor cal with a yellow d90. if i can get a pic of that, i'll be sure to post it.

ok, now its time for bed.

Last edited:

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
I guess we'll let you slide this one time w/out pics:) Sounds like a great time, keep the reports and pics (hint) coming!

Number one rule, "Keep the Shiney Side Up!"

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Ahhhh, thanks for the "fix"....

Time's up need some more pics and stories!:wings:

Looks like the Journal is getting some exposure, how is it being received by the LR crowd? BTW, how many years did you have to subscribe to get a Overland Journal shirt?!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears