Land Rover Nicknames

NYDISCO

I "bought" my first Disco for a Dollar from my neighbor and that's what I called my D1
Dollar Disco. She was great. Drove her all over the USA and sold her for $3000. Now I have a D2 which I call "Number 2". I intend on keeping her for many many years (despite her crankiness)

Charo

Observer
My 110 was called "Leonard" after the LR in a kid's book by the same name. library_desk_leonard_the_landrover.jpg

The RRC is named "Charo" which is an African tribal word meaning "Journey" or "Adventure".

My 63 Series IIA is being dubbed "Tabu" which is an African tribal word meaning "Trouble" or "Problem" since it was a basket case when I rescued it this spring.

trialrun

Observer
sorry to bring this back from the dead: Mine is 'Chanel' b/c based on my other toys, she's needy, a little high class and can be an expensive lady when it comes to repairs - Chawton White 2003 Disco II

Last edited:

MarkIIa

Observer
My 110 County is sometimes known as the "Zombie Stompin' Thunder Truck", or in times of temper the 'O' from County is dropped.
My 2a is Dirty Mary, named after a steam locomotive that had a habit of spraying oil over everything and everyone nearby, thankfully that phase is past-though sometimes she is known as Bloody Mary...
My 110 ex-mil hasn't yet earned a name.

Swegner99

sorry to bring this back from the dead: Mine is 'Chanel' b/c based on my other toys, she's needy, a little high class and can be an expensive lady when it comes to repairs - Chawton White 2003 Disco II

Are you the sucker that married my ex wife? Her name was Chanel and this describes her perfectly, except for the high class part! lol

DividingCreek

Explorer
Land Rover "Once the proud possessions of the English landed gentry now driven by American yuppy scum ".
This was a t shirt design by the now defunct British Bulldog Spares out of New England

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle