Latest Photo?

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Do you have a resto/build thread on MUD or somewhere? I would love to see more....

And Riverton? Really? I've never found anything but rattlesnakes and empty booze bottles in the fields around Riverton.

Are you local or were you just passing through? Again, welcome - :campfire:

66LV

Observer
I was on vacation traveling from my home in Atascadero, California (near Pismo Beach) to Yellowstone. Went back and picked it up in 1999. Stayed in Lander and had a few drinks at the Lander Bar. It took about 7 years to restore so no build thread on mud:beer: :beer: :beer:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
66LV said:
Stayed in Lander and had a few drinks at the Lander Bar...

That's pretty much how I wound up here.

Great story about your LV. Nice to see it rescued and revived by someone who appreciates the classics. I'd love to see any other pics and hear more about it sometime.

Great 'Cruiser.

sbisig

This is mine FJ80 as of last week:

2696972757_ea62d1cb48.jpg

Its time for a new engine.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
All packed for a trip to Colorado.......
101_1879.jpg

At the cabin on the Dolores river.........
101_1886.jpg

:safari-rig:
Dave

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
ginericLC said:
Because it is crushed!
UH... Backstory please... How the hell did your rig end up like that was it totaled or was it crushed for some other horible reason. :smileeek:

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
4Rescue said:
UH... Backstory please... How the hell did your rig end up like that was it totaled or was it crushed for some other horible reason. :smileeek:

X2

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
ginericLC said:
Because it is crushed!

Talk about parking your vehicle in the wrong place after a long night of drinking:friday:

or is scrap metal worth that much these days ??:coffeedrink: :yikes:

ginericLC

Adventurer
The previous owner rolled it into a creek bed. I bought it to part it out. Then suddenly I had an idea. I had an FJ60 in my back yard that I bought for a friend in Pennsylvania. His 60 hit a guard rail and needed lots of body work, so I picked up this 60 with a blown head gasket for him. It has been almost 3 years and he hasn't been able to come get it. With gas prices rising he's given up on coming to get it. So I bought it from him. I sold the 60 axles in January. So I'm basically dropping a 60 body on an 80 chassis. It is a low budget build. I'm hoping to be in it under 2k when done including lockers and tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12