Lead Dog's Going Back to Basics! Trailer Build;

Tkdx00

Fun Lover
IMG_20110312_154202.jpg

IMG_20110313_180011.jpg

First off let me say i've subscribed for future referencing.

My question is about the frameing. You welded (2) 2 ft crossmembers to the center. Is that stronger than cutting 2 notches 1/2 the size of the tubes deep into each the crossmember and the center piece and weld them together like logs in a loghouse's corner? If I've asked it correctly.

Lead Dog

Observer
First off let me say i've subscribed for future referencing.

My question is about the frameing. You welded (2) 2 ft crossmembers to the center. Is that stronger than cutting 2 notches 1/2 the size of the tubes deep into each the crossmember and the center piece and weld them together like logs in a loghouse's corner? If I've asked it correctly.

I ended up filling in the void with two straps and welding them in,... a bit quicker than taking the time to notch out the Tube I guess.. Is it stronger? Not sure but in the end it ended out with the same apperance!

Lead Dog

Observer
Well lets just say 2 years ago I started this proj with high hopes of finishing it sooner than has happened.. Work and family needs have taken priority over Fun but I think were back in the game to get it done now! So here are some updated Pictures.. Sorry for the time laps!

Here we go!

Lead Dog

Observer
Here about 2 months ago I started a second buil for my buddy Damon, much simpler design one box rear door configuration and jeep leaf springs. :coffeedrink:

D01.jpgD02.jpgD03.jpgD04.jpgD05.jpg

Lead Dog

Observer
Here's some updates on Damons Build.

I needed a couple hitches for these Trailer so I built these!
I introduce the Lead Dog "DOGBONE" multi axis hitch.

[video]http://s75.photobucket.com/user/LeadDog06/media/Trailer%20Build/20140309_130048.mp4.html[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle