Let’s see some POWER WAGONS!

Clrussell

To the power wagon owners (from a potential buyer)

Do you daily yours? How is it day to day? How is at 80 on the highway? I’ll beSplitting time between it and my 40 series for daily use. My commute is 4 miles on the days i Dont go to daycare. 25 miles when I do (3 days a week). I tow a few times a year, from 1500-10,000 lbs.
it would be used for family road trips (3 kids in the back) depending on destination. I have a built 200 series land cruiser as well we normally travel with.
I’d like a pop up slide in camper. At minimum it’ll have a camper shell.
I don’t mind to add air bags/ cradles.

Thoughts on a lightly used one? 30-50k miles?

I have a build quote on a crew cab big horn sport as well. Basically a cloth power wagon minus winch, selectable lockers, sway bar disconnect, and oem lift. Obviously the bighorn has more payload. Otherwise basically the same truck. (4.11, anti spin, upfitter switches, level 2 interior, 220 alt, les lighting, other miscellaneous things)

I don’t want a diesel, it’ll be a 6.4 8 speed truck if I buy one.

I’m not a buyer until July/ august. So I have time. Maybe the market changes some by then. This will be a long term purchase.

Also pretty much sold on white. 35s on 17s, maybe 37s if I go power wagon. Honesty 35s will go anywhere I need to go. 37s just look better.

Maintenance/ repair isn’t a deal breaker. I’m an Indy shop with Oem repair info and tooling.

Thanks from a coffee fueled mind on a slow Saturday morning

Last edited:

ukrboy

Observer

Do you daily yours? How is it day to day? How is at 80 on the highway? I’ll beSplitting time between it and my 40 series for daily use. My commute is 4 miles on the days i Dont go to daycare. 25 miles when I do (3 days a week). I tow a few times a year, from 1500-10,000 lbs.
it would be used for family road trips (3 kids in the back) depending on destination. I have a built 200 series land cruiser as well we normally travel with.

I have a build quote on a crew cab big horn sport as well. Basically a cloth power wagon minus winch, selectable lockers, sway bar disconnect, and oem lift. Obviously the bighorn has more payload. Otherwise basically the same truck. (4.11, anti spin, upfitter switches, level 2 interior, 220 alt, les lighting, other miscellaneous things)

I’m not a buyer until July/ august. So I have time. Maybe the market changes some by then. This will be a long term purchase.

Also pretty much sold on white. 35s on 17s, maybe 37s if I go power wagon. Honesty 35s will go anywhere I need to go. 37s just look better.

Maintenance/ repair isn’t a deal breaker. I’m an Indy shop with Oem repair info and tooling.

I have a 2021 PW.
I daily mine. Got it in August of ‘21 and it already has 90,000 kms.
I get paid for my fuel so that’s a non issue. I do have 37s on. Fuel mileage is not great.
For road trips - we love it. Two kids in the back with room to spare. I do have a camper shell on mine and bringing stuff camping is not a problem any more.

cb66a7ac731967ddc74e6b900c4d264d.jpg

Clrussell

I have a 2021 PW.
I get paid for my fuel so that’s a non issue. I do have 37s on. Fuel mileage is not great.
For road trips - we love it. Two kids in the back with room to spare. I do have a camper shell on mine and bringing stuff camping is not a problem any more.

Awesome picture. Wow.

What kind of fuel range are you seeing on 37s?
I’ve got 3 kids so they will be a little more crowded in the back seat but completely do able.

I think my ideal setup would be almost your exact truck, other than white. How’s the smart cap on the ram? How tall are you? Keep a step stool to get in the side access? LOL.

COAKXterra

We’ve got a 2018. Daily about 50% of the time when my xterra is up a running.
Other than being big and thirsty I don’t mind daily driving it at all.

Bought ours with 14k in Oct 2020, now around 73k. Driven to/from lower48 twice. No major issues over that span. I do use it for power wagon things too… ie, wheeling and loading the bed. We’ve got a fiberglass shell on the back, after experimenting with an AT Habitat. Same as you, light on the towing. Always below 7-10k lbs.

On 35s… and packed for a move I think I got 11.7mpg uncorrected over 2500+ miles last month. I rarely drive it over 75mph, but no qualms up to there.

Payload disappears quick, just as an fyi. Doesn’t take much for us… wife and I, toddler and all her stuff, 130lb puppy, and camping gear/food/water puts us at rated. People and puppy in the cab ( I removed the 40% seat in the back and built a platform) and the rest in the bed.

Carry a 2-step step stool for the wife to access the bed (she’s 5’3”)

If I was shopping now, I’d be heavily looking at the 2500 rebel with the gasser.
IMG_8018.jpeg

ukrboy

Observer
Awesome picture. Wow.

What kind of fuel range are you seeing on 37s?
I’ve got 3 kids so they will be a little more crowded in the back seat but completely do able.

I think my ideal setup would be almost your exact truck, other than white. How’s the smart cap on the ram? How tall are you? Keep a step stool to get in the side access? LOL.

In town I see about 600-650 kms on a tank.
Highway - 750.
Smartcap is good. I like it.
I’m 6’4” - works for me.
I keep a step stool for when I need to access my fridge that’s mounted on top of my sleeping platform lol

P.S. putting 35s back on as we speak.
Got a bad puncture in one of my tires and want to try 35s again.

Marine

Adventurer
I have a 2021 PW.

That picture should be a magazine add

neilsonwheels

My relatively mild build so far -- Still dumping most of my time & money into Jeeps but plan to make this into a camper next summer for mountain biking.

Plan is RSI SmartCap with bike slides and likely some kind of built-in cot/draws that I can remove when I'm using this daily.
View attachment 804078

Do you have a front facing camera? If so, does this light setup block it?

Anyone have any success or recommendations adding lights to a PW and not losing the camera visibility?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online