Lets see some full size pictures...

Chewy

Our 1989 K5 Blazer & the Cookie Monster rig

On our Trip to the lower Colorado river in AZ.

Attachments

• C3F29898-E31B-4803-A438-2CF122A756B3-6615-00000B1C655CB340_zps0e3cf0e6.jpg
    C3F29898-E31B-4803-A438-2CF122A756B3-6615-00000B1C655CB340_zps0e3cf0e6.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 53
  • E49779AC-1A13-43B5-84B3-84DCB218CE1A-6615-00000B1C43E03AFD_zps8af1bb85.jpg
    E49779AC-1A13-43B5-84B3-84DCB218CE1A-6615-00000B1C43E03AFD_zps8af1bb85.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 67

Oobray

Adventurer
Here's my money pit. It's not very "expo" yet, I'm still just trying to increase off road capability/on road comfort. She's a little dirty from driving around trying to find a hunting lease. I'm planning a trip to Ouchita National Forest soon so I'll have some good action shots then.

image.jpg

Scoutman

Explorer
Here's my money pit. It's not very "expo" yet, I'm still just trying to increase off road capability/on road comfort. She's a little dirty from driving around trying to find a hunting lease. I'm planning a trip to Ouchita National Forest soon so I'll have some good action shots then.

image.jpg

Very nice to see another QCLB dodge on here. What size coils did you go with? Is it just a leveling kit or something more?

General Automag

Adventurer
135 gallons times $4.179 a gallon (Cenex in Noxon MT) equals $564.17. Wow, just wow. But you're basically only going to need to fill your gas tank at every oil change, so that sounds nice. Routine maintenance! Top off the washer fluid, change the oil, fill up the gas tank.

Diesel fuel weighs approximately 7.15 pounds per gallon (gasoline = 6.073 lbs/gal), so a full tank with 145 gallons adds and extra 1/2 ton or 1,037 pounds to his rig. Wow!

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
That kind of defeats the purpose of having a 3/4 or 1 ton truck then if you only have 1/4 to 1/2 ton of payload left over after getting gas.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.

image.jpg
Fox shock's factory is nearby me. www.ntgracing.com has been involved in installing some new Fox 2.0 non-reservoir units in guy's Dodges and Fords. Universal approval. They're very light w/aluminum bodies as I remember.
When the bed's off consider doing the tank vent mod which relocates the vent tube higher on the tank allowing 4 more gallons to be loaded. I recently put 38.5 gallons in mine @ $4.17(before the Ca gas debacle) for a whopping total of approx. $156. Ouch. The light had just come on meaning I still had 2-3 gallons in there.

Last edited:

Oakey

Hey all new guy here.

Just got on here, one of those things that needed to be done. Im a suburban fan working on #2 right now. Hope to post some photos soon hope its not to hard to do it. Im working in Alberta Canada right now to make some money to do phase 2 on the sub. Ron I think I seen a build up on the net of your sub. looks like the same exocage on your rig. Just wanted to say Hi. Oakey

Oobray

Adventurer
Very nice to see another QCLB dodge on here. What size coils did you go with? Is it just a leveling kit or something more?
Thanks! They are 3" springs from Don Thuren ( www.thurenfabrication.com ) he specializes in suspensions for dodge pickups. They are definetly more than a leveling it because he's spent so much time and research in to them. Check out the website, you cannot find better suspension for a dodge than Thuren.

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Just got on here, one of those things that needed to be done. Im a suburban fan working on #2 right now. Hope to post some photos soon hope its not to hard to do it. Im working in Alberta Canada right now to make some money to do phase 2 on the sub. Ron I think I seen a build up on the net of your sub. looks like the same exocage on your rig. Just wanted to say Hi. Oakey

Can you tell us where in Alberta ...Love Oregon beemer rallye was in Redmond two years ago and in Salem next summer. Looking forward to going back.

FellowTraveler

Explorer
That kind of defeats the purpose of having a 3/4 or 1 ton truck then if you only have 1/4 to 1/2 ton of payload left over after getting gas.

That's partially why I have a M101/116a3 to haul the gear needed for any given situation and my diesel get's great mileage too.

uploadfromtaptalk1350254794373.jpg

Has 412,000 miles. Little by little I'm gonna make it better. So nice having a big noisy truck to drive around Los Angeles. Has third gen 17s now with slightly bigger tires. Cant go bigger without sticking a spare somewhere else.

Plan to keep using the lance till I can find a deal on a popup style or maybe a flippac..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78