Lets see some full size pictures...

cahilj

So your second battery must be in the bed under the cap then? Do you have any sort of isolator or just wire it in parallel with the main battery?

No, I picked up a factory dual battery tray, the 1 ton trucks had them. It's on the pass side right behind the upper core support, basically a mirror of the single battery but turned 90 deg. I had to relocate some of the EVAP plumbing when I put the tray in. Originally I had them set up with an isolator so I could self jump when needed, but right now it's not hooked up as I decide what sort of battery management I want to use. One of my winter projects....... :)

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
No, I picked up a factory dual battery tray, the 1 ton trucks had them. It's on the pass side right behind the upper core support, basically a mirror of the single battery but turned 90 deg. I had to relocate some of the EVAP plumbing when I put the tray in. Originally I had them set up with an isolator so I could self jump when needed, but right now it's not hooked up as I decide what sort of battery management I want to use. One of my winter projects....... :)

So both batteries are on the same side right next to each other? I was thinking of doing a stock dual battery tray from a diesel to go in my 04 2500 gasser but that would have put the second battery on the opposite side right where the air box is, so I'm kind of at a loss unless I build my own custom tray.

cahilj

So both batteries are on the same side right next to each other? I was thinking of doing a stock dual battery tray from a diesel to go in my 04 2500 gasser but that would have put the second battery on the opposite side right where the air box is, so I'm kind of at a loss unless I build my own custom tray.

No, the single factory tray is on the driver side, and the 2nd battery is on the pass side. Same deal as the 04 trucks, the factory intake tubing needs to come out to do it. I will try to get a pic of it this weekend. Here's a quick and dirty Google search shot-

DSCN9729Large.jpg

Bmszondi

Hey everyone... Before I get to my vehicle(s) I have to say everyone has some awesome rigs with some really awesome ideas and innovations!!
Anyways, I have a few pics of my Hummer H3 it's a 2007 adventure package, with a factory rear eaton e-locker, an ARB air locker up front in an 2009 H3 alpha cast iron housing, factory 4.56s, ARB on board air compressor, cranked (level) torsion bars, bilstein 5100s at all 4 corners, Toyo Open Country M/Ts 315/75/16... Hoping to get a few more things over winter such as a roof rack not sure what make yet, as well as HID lights and a 20ish Inch LED light bar for the lower grille.

I also have a 1988 Ford F250... That I will be transforming this winter and I came to this site to look for ideas and boy have I got some now
hummer_2.jpg

hummer_4.jpg

hummer_sporttrac.jpg

sunday funday.jpg

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
No, the single factory tray is on the driver side, and the 2nd battery is on the pass side. Same deal as the 04 trucks, the factory intake tubing needs to come out to do it. I will try to get a pic of it this weekend. Here's a quick and dirty Google search shot-

I see how that works, on newer units the intake is in front of the battery (opposite of your pic). So if I was going to do the stock tray I'd have to get a CAI or something that doesn't take up as much space, but then that adds a couple hundred bucks onto the project. I wish it was an easy bingo bango bongo type of thing instead of an out of control snow ball rolling down hill getting bigger and bigger as it goes.

Oobray

Adventurer
Here's some of my first pictures while actually using the truck. It definetly wasn't as exciting as some of your trips on here, but it was my first with the family, and the truck so it was great! I made a trip report you can see here

DSC00926.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00890.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears