Lets see some full size pictures...

FellowTraveler

Explorer
I have PCMforless re-programming my 2006 TB computer right now, well it is being shipped back today. Not sure if you can re-program gearing and tire size in the older PCM's, but they could in mine.

Older are controlled via vehicle speed sensor buffer (VSSB) some have 7 jumpers newer ones have 14 jumpers these buffers are mounted under the dash on passenger side w/PCM you can change jumpers to any tire/gear combination which in turn correct shift points/lockup/speedo reading. I have update my VSSB w/dip switches so I can change out whatever and reset vssb in a few minutes.

schunkb

Observer
New to the boards, and new to the full size setup as well. The new ride is just a little bit bigger than the jeeps I grew up wheeling. :) Brand new, so pretty stock so far...only alterations are the goodyear wrangler duratracs moving up from 265/70r17 to 285/70r17. Plan is to put airbags in the rear, custom phoenix pop-up camper, Trail Ready pre runner front bumper, and if needed, a small leveling kit for the front. Also open to other suggestions for front bumpers or other quality armor upgrades. IMG_0789.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Thanks for posting Schunkb:Wow1:! At least you read the thread and posted some pics:Wow1:! Nice rig mate....:ylsmoke:

Halligan

Adventurer
Nice truck Schunkb. If your thinking of doing any suspension mod's for that Dodge look into what Carli has to offer. Carli is one of the best for Dodge suspensions.

luchenbach

Truck Rear Quarter.jpg
Would love to know what the model and make of your rear tire carrier...

Great looking rigs!

Well, the rear tire carrier was from a Hummer H2. I purchased it off of ebay, for a dollar. It was missing the latch, so I had to purchase that, and with shipping for the tire carrier, I'm into it about $200.

I welded two receiver tubes onto my existing towing receiver, one at each end, and fabricated a mount for the tire carrier, that slides into the two new receiver tubes. I added two jerry can holders onto the back of the tire carrier, and made it so that they can be removed. So if I want lighter weight and more approach angle, I can remove the fuel cans and slide the tire carrier further into the receiver tubes. If I need the fuel, then I add the cans back, which sets the tire back about 10".

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I love getting stuff on ebay for a $1.00!
I have scored many late night, Middle of the foot ball game items.
Nice fab work on the rack, It looks very nice!

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
View attachment 124520

Well, the rear tire carrier was from a Hummer H2. I purchased it off of ebay, for a dollar. It was missing the latch, so I had to purchase that, and with shipping for the tire carrier, I'm into it about $200.

I welded two receiver tubes onto my existing towing receiver, one at each end, and fabricated a mount for the tire carrier, that slides into the two new receiver tubes. I added two jerry can holders onto the back of the tire carrier, and made it so that they can be removed. So if I want lighter weight and more approach angle, I can remove the fuel cans and slide the tire carrier further into the receiver tubes. If I need the fuel, then I add the cans back, which sets the tire back about 10".

That is just awesome... So Is the cap, and the whole truck, and the topkick!

Id love to find a cap like that, but its the first I have seen of its kind

Edit, sorry can we get more pics of the spare/gas can set up?

RockPunk

Kind of a terrible pic as the RTT mount was a late minute jobber but its slowly getting there between deployments and schools. Within the next month finally get aorund to building my front and rear bumpers,rock sliders and a bed cage/roof rack to get the RTT up abit.
Picked this 011 Cummins 6sp manual upwith 34 miles on it,did the deletes,exhaust,tuner,slapped some 35" trail grapplers under it after a 2" leveling kit up front. Will replace that with a Thuren Fox 2.0 kit eventually.

Last edited:

Walker

Texas Wanderer
View attachment 124520

I thought I saw the resemblance, great work!

luchenbach

Is that a quad-steering set-up? Or am I misinterpreting?

Yes, it is a quadrasteer truck, you are observant.

Bushcoat also asked, "Edit, sorry can we get more pics of the spare/gas can set up?"

I do have more pictures, I think that I will add a build thread, rather than choking up this thread. Thanks for your interest.

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
C8A9DB40-8B75-44E4-B8A8-7BBAAE5CBCDE-2339-00000409CEE06EDE.jpg

C546AEE7-E438-4ECC-9309-A0F5B25CC7B7-2339-00000409C71AE576.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears