Lets see some full size pictures...

mccustomize

Explorer
picture.php

mccustomize

Explorer
Where's your build thread? I'm very curious to see how you did your winch mount. That front bumper is awesome, as is the rest of the truck.

My photo documentation with the build sucks. Basically it's just a boxed in section that ties into the frame. I cut the frame horns off about an inch in front of the core support mounts to tuck the bumper/winch back as far as I could. The entire thing only sticks out maybe 2 inches past the grill.

Yeah thats exactly what I'm hoping to do with mine. Can't cut much off the frame horns on mine though - since the leaf springs mount there. I could probably shave an inch off or so, though.

bloodyWEST

Adventurer
My wife was going black Friday shopping, so i pulled the camper off this morning and took my 3 year old for a drive.
we drove from Ojai up hwy33, took Quatal canyon(12 miles of dirt) then up to Mt Pinos where there was a few inches of snow for my daughter to play in.

After the first picture, i realized i didn't have my flat bill hat on, so i flipped my mirrors down.

It felt good to drive the "hot rod" with no camper.

heated up some sandwiches on the turbo, nice hot lunch in the snow :chef:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 105
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 106
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 95
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 100

Kowboy

Adventurer
After 7 months in the shop ... I spent Black Friday fetchin' my truck.

Head to Colorado next weekend to fetch my Hallmark Milner.

Attachments

• 20131129_A_take delivery.jpg
    20131129_A_take delivery.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 110

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
We drove from Ojai up hwy33, took Quatal canyon(12 miles of dirt) then up to Mt Pinos.

After the first picture, i realized i didn't have my flat bill hat on, so i flipped my mirrors down.

:jump::jump:

Too funny! How long does it take to drive to Quatal or all the way to the 166? I've only done the 150 into Ojai. Love the town though. Next time I'm down I need to do some more exploring up that way. I'm going to get a ball cap and wrap an elastic around the brim so it forms a circle though (like Cooters from the REAL Dukes of Hazzard)! Gotta stand out from the crowd!

Awesome pics BW. Looks like a great day. I'm stuck working 12 hrs a day 7/week to finish all my projects before a trip to the islands for some waves.

boellis87

Observer
Thanks! I've never driven a vehicle with links+coils so I can't really compare, but the longer 52" springs ride beautifully and they flex very very well. Eventually I want to link it simply to say I can (plus better approach angle and steering geometry, but I digress), as it would be a huge learning experience.

IMG_20130713_145246_593_zps4ec65e24.jpg

No work at all. The 07-10 HD center caps fit the H2 wheels without any modification. That being said, I obviously had to modify the front two to fit over the locking hubs.

Here's a better view:

IMG_20130903_164823_397_zpsb15f89df.jpg

I'll have to check that place out sometime when I'm back in Missouri!

Hey, blue

It's been a while since I've been on here or pirate but we talked a little back and forth over there. Good to see you on the portal as well. Good folks around here :)

It's your little bro ha ha

Seabass

Idiot
Thought I'd drop a pic of my work/ project truck. It's gone from a lowly utility truck to a do it all farm truck- I love to run around in it!
urunusam.jpg
ama8yteh.jpg

Seabass

Idiot
It's mostly work. Air compressor, loads of hand tools, air tools, 40gal diesel fuel tank, cooler for refreshment, and dog beds for my co-pilots (aka the three blue healers) but it can go to camping mode quick since all the work stuff is in quick attach removable boxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears