Lets see some full size pictures...

Richie

Adventurer
My S10 originally 2wd with 4 banger gas motor. Now Cummins 4BTA power to nv5600 to np205 to turn D44 and D60 both locked with 37's. I chose the James Bond/ Indiana Jones/ Macgyver action package at some point in the build. It's built for the rock, in the hard place.

First two months after rebirth 6,000 miles. 3' snow drifts, -6f starts, Hammers, Joshua Tree, Mohave, Lake Mead, Death Valley nothing like testing your rig 2,500 miles from home.

My mistress KTM 950 Adv with more mods then I can keep track of. Most women wish they had this much bling, most men wish their ladies got this dirty.

I love your S10! If I keep my Z I want it to look a lot like that eventually. Is that a custom made front bumper?

Tahoe Diesel

Observer
What I started with.

I think the chances of someone duplicating it are slim as a lot of it only fits by 1/8" or less.

Difficult as it may have been, you've proven that it can be done by "just a guy in my garage with normal tools and a big imagination". Now others will be inspired to build their own concept of an overland truck from their imaginations too - Outstanding project :clapsmile

Curious; For those who prefer an SUV configuration, do you think your eng/drivetrain conversion would work on the S10 Blazer/Olds Bravada platform?

dy_lon

Observer
Ill add my 95' Tahoe..

350 Vortec with TBI manifold, Maxxis 33's on Cragar Soft 8's, 4x4 Posi Loc in IFS diff, Recon 10,500lb winch and a bunch of other stuff.. More Infor in my link in signature.

-Dylan

Attachments

• IMG_0857.JPG
    IMG_0857.JPG
    683.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0856.JPG
    IMG_0856.JPG
    582.9 KB · Views: 91

2 E L O

Adventurer
Ill add my 95' Tahoe..

350 Vortec with TBI manifold, Maxxis 33's on Cragar Soft 8's, 4x4 Posi Loc in IFS diff, Recon 10,500lb winch and a bunch of other stuff.. More Infor in my link in signature.

-Dylan
Beautiful Tahoe!!!

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Well Im not sure if I added my truck in here or not but here it is.
09 solar flare H3T with bigger tires and stuff haha
159.jpg

349.jpg

405039ce.jpg

Alltwistedup

Observer
As Larry said
1st Generation S10: 1981 – 1993
2nd Generation S10: 1994 – 2004 their was a grill change
3rd Generation S10 = the Colorado they renamed it due to so much Isuzu design.

I love your S10! If I keep my Z I want it to look a lot like that eventually. Is that a custom made front bumper?

Thanks, the front bumper is homebrew. Its all plate welded together and the welds ground smooth so it looks bent. Then I spent 10 hours putting the light buckets in 3 more hours at a local fab shop as we bent the hoop to try and match the body lines. We ditched the angle finder after the 2nd bend and had to go by feel and look.

Difficult as it may have been, you've proven that it can be done by "just a guy in my garage with normal tools and a big imagination". Now others will be inspired to build their own concept of an overland truck from their imaginations too - Outstanding project :clapsmile

Curious; For those who prefer an SUV configuration, do you think your eng/drivetrain conversion would work on the S10 Blazer/Olds Bravada platform?

I had found threads on people doing it in a 1st gen body without much problem but could not find anything at all about a 2nd gen body swap. I quickly found out why no room and 2wd frame did not help for the axle swap. I did not cut any sheet metal other then wheel well openings and to get trans shifter into cab that was one of the goals, the frame on the other hand was a problem. Totally removed front cross member under stock motor and all 2wd brackets, 1/8" or less spacing from frame - motor mount - motor and the passenger side the mount was "trimmed" by the oil pan. Built new trans cross member and 3rd member by choice. Also has to do a body lift you can see in the motor pic that the intercooler rubs on the hood insulation and all the steering/ track bar links dented the oil pan in about 1/4" when I hit rough stuff and bump stops the first time. The key was relocating the turbo to keep the heater core alone and not cut the pass side foot well up. Also the turbo oil drain has scratched the paint off the frame and on the drivers side the motor bounced far enough (1/2-3/4") to snap a power steering line adapter in half in Saline Valley.

So I guess to answer the question if you want to fit bad enough go for it the suv portion is just the rear. Would I do it again, no. To say its shoe horned in is an under statement, its very well thought out.

I think I might start a thread for this to keep all the answers in the same place.

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
lol she didnt want to hold a gun in the pic. was gonna give her my Spec Ops Combat Axe, but my wife said that may make people think im totally nuts because of the whole zombie thing....
ont_SP16_SPAX.jpg

BTW i want a jumping jack SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998