Lets see the Expo Cruisers!

bullsac

Observer
To get it into the states wasn't complicated at all.

I called a registered importer. Paid her $300 and she has a boiler plate document used for importing rigs.

There is a list of conforming and non-conforming rigs. The BJ70 is a conforming non usa vehicle. Thus it can be imported. I will see if I can find the lists again online.

The only thing topical thing she did was add stickers to the dash stating odometer was in Kilometers and which dummy light was the brake light.

There is a lot of disinformation out there s call a registered importer and tell them what you want imported. They will give you the yea or nay.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
To get it into the states wasn't complicated at all.

I called a registered importer. Paid her $300 and she has a boiler plate document used for importing rigs.

There is a list of conforming and non-conforming rigs. The BJ70 is a conforming non usa vehicle. Thus it can be imported. I will see if I can find the lists again online.

The only thing topical thing she did was add stickers to the dash stating odometer was in Kilometers and which dummy light was the brake light.

There is a lot of disinformation out there s call a registered importer and tell them what you want imported. They will give you the yea or nay.

That is some inspiring information, thanks a ton. Sounds like you've got it down. You sold the diesel Troopy to Tom right? I loved that rig.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
a link to the approved importation list would be great! I'm on my phone otherwise i would search for it myself... TIA.

4GRAINR

Adventurer
I only saw 2 FJCs in here, but we're still part of the Land Cruiser family, right?

mexico_snow.jpeg

'07 FJ Cruiser TRD SE
6 spd MT w/ all the TRD goodies
OME heavies front and rear
Safari Snorkel
Lightforce lights
Engel 45 fridge
lots of black paint (mirrors, bumper corners, door handles, bezel, etc)
custom rear platform w/ box and drawers (under construction)

Photo was taken in Baja Mexico last month ... yes ... snow in the Baja! We arrived that night and it was 40F, dropped to 26F by dinner time, and woke up to 15F.

THATSALEXUS?

Adventurer
Greetings from San Diego

I have built my Lexus LX450 to do just about everything pretty well. No, it's not the best rock crawler or even the best expedition rig, but it does a little of everything pretty well. It can get me everywhere I want to go in comfort and carry pretty much everything I need while doing so. Here are some pics from the last year or so, everything from the Rubicon to Baja, Anza Borrego to El Camino Del Diablo:

untitledIII.jpg

8-08065Small.jpg

DSCN7729.jpg

Bajatrip072-1.jpg

Bajatrip011-1.jpg

2-13-07037-3.jpg

hubnut020-2.jpg

CopyofNopinkpanties-2.jpg

6-08051.jpg

6-08004.jpg

Glad to be here

soenke

Adventurer
Hey Steve,

welcome and thanks for the pics. You have anymore information / pics from the 80 pick up ?
2-13-07037-3.jpg

greetings Sönke

sprocket3

Adventurer
Here are some pics of my 1997 80 Series Lexus. Lots of little mods. (PICS DON'T LOAD)

Slee Front bumper
Warn 9.5xp
Custom Sliders
IPOR rear in pics, now a 4x4labs
OME Heavies
2meter HAM
Dual Optimas
Hella 4000s
Working on Sub Tank
Ghetto storage systems and bed.
Arb 45 qt fridge

Attachments