LETS SEE YOUR TRAILERS!!!!

willywaxer

Just Pulled her out of the barn. Let the work begin.

M-416.jpg

Very nice find!

LawnDart-XJ

Observer
Very nice find!

Thank you...Helps to have a friend that is a garbage man. Had been watching this sit in a garage for 5 years. Then one morning it was getting pulled out to the curb to be sold right when my buddy pulled up to pick up his trash. I paid my buddy a finders fee and still did pretty good. Have the fenders and all hardware, the landing gear and parking break work perfect. All rust is just surface. it will still float. We have a set of 33 x 9.50 BFG MT's we are putting on it.

jgolden

Adventurer
JPK - That's a beautiful trailer, it's exactly what I've been looking for.
Based on your other post, did you go with the 60"X108" option?
How is your track width compared to your JK?
Thanks

JPK

Explorer
JPK - That's a beautiful trailer, it's exactly what I've been looking for.
Based on your other post, did you go with the 60"X108" option?
How is your track width compared to your JK?
Thanks

Thanks. The trailer width is 60", the length, which I don't recall, is a little longer than standard, I think 4", to accomodate the kitchen I wanted, iirc, especially the fridge, and still have a full length queen size bed.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'll be picking up the trailer at Easter Jeep Safari in a couple of weeks. The track provided by Jeep.com is 61.9", but my Jeep would have about a three inch wider track, assuming Jeep is measuring track to center of tire, due to wheels with less back spacing. So, that's about 65" for the Jeep track. Don't recall what the trailer track is, but it has to be a bit more than the Jeep's, a trade off I made for the interior space and kitchen space to fit the fridge. Since the suspension is trailing arm there doesn't need to be extra clearence for off camber articulation, as would be the case with a solid axle, so trailer track isn't a lot more, but for the life of me I can't recall what it is.

If I find the time between now and when I leave for EJS, which is next Thursday morning, I'll look for the details and post them. If not I'll provide photos and info with the trailer behind the Jeep.

I'm guessing you looked at Moby1's website. If so then you can see that they offer "XTR" trailers in 48" and 54" widths. I'd bet the 54" width would allow for a very close match. You would have to down size the fridge though.

On the fridge topic, I wanted a dual compartment fridge/freezer with a dedicated freezer and adequate size for my whole family for a decent length of time, or for me and one other for an extended length of time. The dual compartment feature is available in a National Luna 50l, which is smaller than my MT60 Combi, but also taller. Maybe there are other options, don't recall any though. MT60Combi dimensions: Outside 31.1" x 19.3" x 17.4" National Luna 50l Weekender dual compartment dimensions: 28"Lx15.2"Wx20"H

I am sure the trailer will see some tough trails, but the primary driver behind the suspension and tires was to match my Jeep and to also be capable of running washboard relatively fast, same as my Jeep.

Aslo, the shape of the Moby 1 lends itself to front storage boxes better than some teardrops.

DonBeasley

Adventurer
Mine is a work in progress. Here are a couple of pictures. One when I got it, one when I powdercoated it. and one on its way last week to have the lid mounted.

Justpickedup4.jpg

trailerwithpropaneandrotopax.jpg

Drop-offforlid2.jpg

Update of 4/1/13- with lid and RTT

DSCF0013-1.jpg

DSCF0015-1.jpg

OZ3.jpg

Last edited:

cobound

Adventurer
Thanks. The trailer is an old aluminum Heilite I bought from a guy in MI on here. Love it, he did a great job! I've taken that setup across a few overland treks, last Sept over 2500 miles, was a blast. Otherwise some local 10-16 hour runs, wheel it, camp.

Ironically, I just sold that canoe today! Just too long and we never got around to using it enough.

I'd love an old military trailer like above, built up w/ an RTT but they never seem to have enough room, this one has a nice floor portion for the kids to sleep, and for us to stand and change. Really like it. Spent 10 days in it last July out in Ouray and Camp Hale...unfortunately our trip out that way this year won't include the trailer :(

Thanx again,

B

pajeepman

Adventurer
Just got this today. Bed is about 4x6. Not sure of the make, title says TRAILM. It's built well, certainly not some HF chinese trailer. Got some 16" Icon rims to match my XJ's rims today. Gonna use it to haul camping gear and fire wood. Have been collecting idea in my head that I have seen on the expedition portal. It was originally from California, then to Conneticut, and now in Pennsylvania. It's a perfect match for my CJ-7 width is within 2". The a frame has VCATRM 1952 stamped on it. Andbody know what VCATRM might mean. I assume the 1952 may be the year it was made. I gonna paint it, maybe a gunmetal grey since my CJ is red and my XJ is blue. Sorry, it was taken in a parking lot, the County park wouldn't take kindly to me taking the picture in the middle of the field.

Attachments

• Jeep and trailer.jpg
    Jeep and trailer.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 171

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Heres my old trailer...

Started out as this:

DSCN1049.jpg

Then this:

DSCN1123.jpg

And eventually into this:

DSCN1824.jpg

DSCN1823.jpg

DSCN1822.jpg

DSCN1799.jpg

DSCN2037.jpg

DSCN2039.jpg

I sold it, and got something a LOT more family friendly.

IMG_20120318_105911.jpg

DSC01481.jpg

IMG_20120120_121042.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12