lockers what type do the g wagons come with?

swb

Observer
I had not realised is was that complicated in the W463/W461
Another reason to stick with a W460!

zimm

Expedition Leader
I had not realised is was that complicated in the W463/W461
Another reason to stick with a W460!

i have a set of 460 masters. in due time they will be located under the drivers seat and this mish mash of **** will be ripped out. i was originally going to put them in the same place as on a 460, but, i did more dreaming than looking, and as it turns out the 460 tcase is smaller, and in the 563 there isnt enough space between it, and the cross tubes for the hydro masters. lickily i ripped out my rear seats, and im building a platform system in the rear that has dead space i can utilize for mounting them under the seat horizontally.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Sounds like a good plan... I can't stand it when someone decided I shouldn't operate my rear locker when not in 4x4 or low gear... Sure - most of the time its not a great idea - but there certainly are times where I need it.

I don't think the Vanagon Syncro includes any "protective" system on the use of lockers - and I know they Pinzgauer doesn't - so I attribute the addition of it to the later G-wagens to be due to the Mercedes influence.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
All lockers are effectively mechanical devices - its how they are actuated that varies.

I am pretty sure 404 Unimogs are cable actuated.

Forgot about including Steyr Puch Pinzgauers - they use a hydraulic system for both front and rear lockers and also for the 4x4 engagement. The older Haflingers are purely mechanical linkages. Both can take a bit of time to actually engage. On the Pinzgauer the light on the dash doesn't come on until the locker is actually "locked in" sort of like landing gear on airplanes...

Nope they are mechanical. Uses rods.

Molon Labe

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
To answer your question;

THE BEST KIND

<poke poke Zimm>
:ylsmoke::smiley_drive:

r3run33

Adventurer
thanks for all the inputs from everyone. I know every thing can fail but we were just discussing how these are the only manufac of regular vehicles (not unimog) with several lockers. My friend has decided on eaton lockers which I am not so knowledgable about. Any comments on these???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle