Long Distance '85 Ranger Build

85_Ranger4x4

I had thought about doing something similar with the winch, probably would have been easier when it is all said and done too.

I ran that later overflow/washer jug for awhile too, it didn't fit with the cruise control servo when i added cruise though.

85_Ranger4x4

Well, put a grid on the sides and got the brushguards located.

Had my local fab shop cut them out with their laser table. I was pretty impressed, $18+tax a side.

I think that will work.

Double checking clearance to make sure the winch controls will clear the tube.

Everything fits together!

I need to actually weld it together and paint it yet but I am pretty stoked with how it looks so far. Just the bare side plates looked pretty bulky but with the winch in the middle and the brush guards I think it will look pretty sharp.

N.Penley

The front end is looking good.

Nice AC WD. My grandpa and I got into restoring old tractors when I was in high school and he passed a few years ago. We have sold a few since then but still have around a dozen tractors including a WD, Farmall M & 140, and a bunch of Oliver’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85_Ranger4x4

The front end is looking good.

Nice AC WD. My grandpa and I got into restoring old tractors when I was in high school and he passed a few years ago. We have sold a few since then but still have around a dozen tractors including a WD, Farmall M & 140, and a bunch of Oliver’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My great grandfather bought that one new in '53, I also have his '50 WD.

dman93

Adventurer
Nice build! Makes me miss the ‘86 Ranger (EFI!!) that I bought new and had for about 10 years. There’s a nice BII around the corner from me that is a regular driver, that also brings back those good feelings when I see it every day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan