Looking for Forum Members to Test a DECKED Storage System

KSL22

Adventurer
I would love to try out your product. I saw it at the Off-Road Expo a few years ago and liked it but it wasn't something that fit my lifestyle and how I used my truck at that time. Now I am in the process of planning more truck based trips, I am figuring out that my current storage methods aren't working.
P1050709.JPG
This is what my truck looked like coming back from my last overnight trip with the kids. The large box has my recovery equipment, Tool box, snow chains, Smittybilt air compressor, bottle jack, and drop hitch. I also put my plates, can goods, and cooking stuff in there for this trip. Needless to say it is heavy and a pain to move in and out every time i need to set up for the night. next to the box is my shovel. The top deck I put together before one of our trips to the cabin for the dog to have some space above the luggage.
P1050697 (2).jpg
This is my truck in one of the canyons at Calico last weekend
P1050695.jpg
Here is it from the side.

My truck is a 08 Dodge 2500 megacab 6'4" bed. On top of overland trips, my truck also get used for family trips to the cabin, pulling the boat to the river, and pulling our 30' Weekend Warrior to the desert for motorcycle trips. I also take the shell off from time to time and load motorcycles in the bed. I will also be able to report on how it holds up to weight on top of the deck as I typically haul about a half truck bed of wood out with me on the desert and beach camping trips. I look forward to the chance of working with your company and sharing how your product works with others.

Last edited:

Chandlerdoom

Observer
Hmm Ill give this a shot

So for a while I really wanted to build my own storage platform, constantly reading and researching in this sub thread with many google searches along the way. Well after having a number of notepad drawings of how I wanted "my" storage platform to look I got a small reality check, moving. Well I moved to a place with no garage and only a storage unit now for my "workplace", so building a platform was out of the question for the time being. I noticed your product on instagram way back when you only had a handful of posts, not many followers, and not many likes either but thats besides the point. The point was I finally thought this is perfect for what I need because its an already made product that I could easily install rather than build my own with imaginary power in my storage unit. Well after looking over your website reading all the details (because I was already sold) I couldn't find one for my truck, I was a little surprised to say the least. To say the least I never really bothered checking your website again because it didn't seem like you guys had much interest in making a 5ft version.

Fast forward and here I am reading this thread thinking this is the perfect time to voice my opinion for a midsize model, well looks like I don't even need to with a fall release on its way. I likely wont be chosen since as of right now you don't offer a product for my truck, but in the case your looking for a short bed user in the future I would be more than willing to put your product to the test and give a more than honest review

DSC06389 by Chandler Coe, on Flickr

Last edited:

hayduke357

312a1faa0f9d20e3c071d6a5454ca349.jpg

Has a regular bed ready for it this week. Then the real fun begins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TeamDoty

Cpt. TeamDoty
Multi-Role Truck: Need Modular Storage System

Hey Decked Storage Systems!

The TeamDoty would love to be a tester for one of your systems.

Here's 3 good reasons why we'd make a great candidate...

01.) The capt. of TeamDoty is an award winning industrial designer with many years of product development/design experience and has many years of experience with end-user research, writing research protocol, etc. We can evaluate your product objectively and subjectively and would also gladly help you set up your research program, evaluate end-users and glean valuable information from the respondents (gratis!!!)

02.) The TeamDoty rig is a multi-role machine. We use it for daily commute, hauling motocross bikes, hauling mountain bikes, hauling hockey equipment, overlanding, weekend car camping, hauling construction materials, hauling tools, hauling dirt/rock/mulch/etc., and the list goes on. We require a system that can change roles in as little time as possible

03.) TeamDoty has an overlanding trip planned for the end of June 2016 - a perfect opportunity to evaluate the merits of the system within the demands of the expedition

Truck Spec's:

2005 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW CrewCab Long Bed
5.9L TD Cummins Engine
Automatic Trans
4x4 / Limited Slip Differential

Mild upgrades to improve reliability, offroad performance, etc. - overbed rack current under construction + plan to add winch and other enhancements before the June trip.

TruckAtFarm_01.jpg

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
This is like a personals ads for truck owners. I enjoy long drives on the beach and sipping wine by backcountry firelight...

P.S. WHERE IS THE TACOMA OPTION!!!

Best comment in this forum ever.

Tacoma: A product we haven't released because we enjoy the frustration it creates. Not yet. We will have it as soon as possible.

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Hi Decked!

I just found this thread, so I'm copying my original post from the thread in the Domestic: Full Size and Other section to here for your consideration.

Thanks, and I hope you don't think I'm being too critical...just trying to be honest.

Hey PatOz,
No offense taken at all. You're tough customer. We can say to begin that the people who have the DECKED system LOVE it. We recently got 600+ responses to a survey sent to 3000 customers who had purchased directly from us in the past 2 years. Of the 600 we had an average satisfaction rating of 4.7 out of 5!

Now to your well made points:
1. The whole product was engineered and designed by Altair in Detroit. These guys are the masters of auto engineering and every dimension, material and construction was considered for a weight-strength-value-reliability ratio to be within 5% of totally awesome. So the design is one which was made very carefully and thoughtfully.
2. Nothing, not even DECKED, is without some compromise. But most of your good points about drawer extension and compatible toolboxes etc was remedied this month by the D-Box. The drawers can only come out 4' because, just like your silverware drawer, if it came out all the way it would collapse. Damn physics always buggering up great ideas. The D-Box gives you access and use of that last 18-24 inches left inside the system. It also fits the drawer like a glove.

The price of DECKED is $1100-$1200. Not a cheap product, by any means. But we sell on a value for volume principle. We make the best value to sell more, not jack up the price make more money on fewer units. If you consider all that is going on and the sheer size and engineering of the item, it's a great value. Competitive products, of which there are a few, can cost you 3x as much.

In the end, we don't know anyone who doesn't love their DECKED system, and you don't have to take it from us. The reviews speak for themselves! You just have to try it to believe it.

Thanks
DECKED

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks for your response TeamDoty. Unfortunately we don't make an 8' version! People do put the standard bed length version (6'6") in the 8' bed. But it's a bit of freestyle that goes on to make it work.

knowledgedropper

I suppose I'll throw my hat in the ring, too.

I have a 2004 F150 Lariat which I use for weekend camping getaways, impromptu road trips and tailgating at Angels and Galaxy games. I'm also an avid kayak fly-angler who patrols the local harbors once or twice a week. I'd like to try out a Decked system because, despite my best efforts, my fishing and kayak/paddling gear always winds up in a big mess, strewn everywhere (and sometimes nowhere) about the truck bed. I think that a Decked system might just be the ticket. I keep my tools very well organized in several drawer-based tool chests, why not apply the same method to my fishing/kayaking madness?

F150-side-view.jpg

F150-3-4view.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
Hey PatOz,
No offense taken at all. You're tough customer. We can say to begin that the people who have the DECKED system LOVE it. We recently got 600+ responses to a survey sent to 3000 customers who had purchased directly from us in the past 2 years. Of the 600 we had an average satisfaction rating of 4.7 out of 5!

Now to your well made points:
1. The whole product was engineered and designed by Altair in Detroit. These guys are the masters of auto engineering and every dimension, material and construction was considered for a weight-strength-value-reliability ratio to be within 5% of totally awesome. So the design is one which was made very carefully and thoughtfully.
2. Nothing, not even DECKED, is without some compromise. But most of your good points about drawer extension and compatible toolboxes etc was remedied this month by the D-Box. The drawers can only come out 4' because, just like your silverware drawer, if it came out all the way it would collapse. Damn physics always buggering up great ideas. The D-Box gives you access and use of that last 18-24 inches left inside the system. It also fits the drawer like a glove.

The price of DECKED is $1100-$1200. Not a cheap product, by any means. But we sell on a value for volume principle. We make the best value to sell more, not jack up the price make more money on fewer units. If you consider all that is going on and the sheer size and engineering of the item, it's a great value. Competitive products, of which there are a few, can cost you 3x as much.

In the end, we don't know anyone who doesn't love their DECKED system, and you don't have to take it from us. The reviews speak for themselves! You just have to try it to believe it.

Thanks
DECKED

Decked, thanks for your response!

And in reply...

But most of your good points about drawer extension and compatible toolboxes etc was remedied this month by the D-Box. The drawers can only come out 4' because, just like your silverware drawer, if it came out all the way it would collapse. Damn physics always buggering up great ideas. The D-Box gives you access and use of that last 18-24 inches left inside the system. It also fits the drawer like a glove.
The D-Box did not exist when I first looked at them, so that indeed may solve the problem for most things, it just means added cost to take advantage of all the useable space, but not a deal breaker by any means.

Yes, the drawers operate just like the ones in my kitchen cabinets, with only two sections...the cabinet and the drawer itself. Therefore, they can not fully extend without falling out. However, we have this new fangled device nowadays called a '100% extension slide', which uses three sections and allows the drawer to extend fully. A very simple upgrade, adds a little to the cost, but well worth the benefits in my opinion.

I'm warming up to the Decked System, especially with the improvements, and I need something now! My back just can't take climbing in and out if the bed any longer. I'm ready to buy now, but I just don't want to run out and spend my money and then find out it won't work for me. This is not something you can try out for 10 minutes and then make a decision on it.

I would love to, so send me one to test, I have a dealer about 3 miles from me! :D

Shawntt17

Personal Ad :)

Man after seeing all these great post's(trucks), and Decked's response to the personal ad idea that option might be my ticket haha.

So here it goes I am a little older but still in great shape. I enjoy taking long trips hauling my family around, for fun I like to take the back roads and camping with my family. I also enjoy hauling around all my family's gear in my bed. I am looking for a strong and dependable companion to help me stay organized and secure while hauling my family's gear around for all our excursions. Interested in long term relationship only.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Shawn

rsz_dsc08109.jpg

rsz_dsc08110.jpg

P.S. this is all for fun I already posted earlier :)

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Would love to try out a decked storage system. I been wanting to build a sleeping platform. Love the slide out storage option. Unsure if it would work with my topper and barn doors tho.

b5ede2aa44db14869a2c54f2dcfb0c97.jpg

be05ce89dd586736f40d022af7ded6db.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jvh22a

i had to go and measure my toyota sequoia hopping i would have enough room. im 10 inches to short! hope to see something a bit smaller for the suv crowd. my 2 boys are starting school and want to take the family on a few trips before then.

TeamDoty

Cpt. TeamDoty
Thanks for your response TeamDoty. Unfortunately we don't make an 8' version! People do put the standard bed length version (6'6") in the 8' bed. But it's a bit of freestyle that goes on to make it work.
Bummah!!! Okay, well if you REALLY want me to test it then I guess I can figure out a way to kit-bash it into my rig :) (just let me know I'd certainly give it a go!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998