Looking for Forum Members to Test a DECKED Storage System

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
I have an A.R.E. DCU,so interior height can be an issue.I would like to see a half width deck system,one drawer,like you already make before the two halves are joined.This would be my sleeping platform,the bed space next to the drawers could be used for taller cargo.

ARB has many options because of the modularity of their products,if you look at IH8mud,Pirate ect. there are people using ARB products because they can mix and match to fit their needs. A modular decked system could compete in this market...
Is there anyone in the US making something like the Drifta products?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_jQMoU4-vM

Hey Chet6.7,
People do actually use half a system and put it in place just as you mentioned. It's popular for the added headroom on the non-drawer side for bikes and height allowances. We don't sell half systems but it can be done.
Thanks,
DECKED

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Hey Socaltcamper,
No idea, we didn't delete anything. Actually don't think we have the ability to do something like that? can you repost?

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Unfortunately the flareside does this weird thing where it cuts into the bedspace and where our system would need to have its vertical supports. Sorry!

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks 3Dogs,
As mentioned we are looking for people just like you. But we also would love to see your truck!

DECKED

Supporting Sponsor
That's great thanks for the leads Rocky Mountain Builder. We'd love to see your vehicle, could you post an image?

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
I have a 2007 Chevrolet 2500HD Classic. Your website says that your system will not work with a drop in bedliner. Is the issue with the bottom of the liner or the sides or both? Or is it that there are too many liners to test fit each one? Thx, Brad

519C15A4-09F4-4550-A449-D159BE8FBA70_zpsvws9ef5h.jpg

Would be interested if you made (or are making) something for my platform :sombrero:
2016 Duramax Colorado CCSB

C607B0EC-488B-490E-BAD3-57EB2CCD0D3D_zpsub5qoinn.jpg

9CA73B30-F9AE-41B2-B767-7A26DB25DA79_zpszlto7amm.jpg

276133BA-0C5D-4B03-80E3-BBDB498EA92A_zpsnws9douo.jpg

27EE3699-0F41-4275-A5A6-EB4A2DD3DF28_zpsit9mgr11.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
I'm in the market for a drawer system for my 2004 F250 Super Duty (with the supercab) which has an A.R.E. Shell on it.

HPIM1339.jpg

I originally looked at the TruckVault brand, but after seeing the price and having a heart attack, I was going to custom build one but I have too many projects going as it is. Also, I'm getting older and have chronic lower back problems that are getting worse every day, so I'm now looking for something I can just drop in and go.

About eight months ago, after reading everything I could about the Decked System, I thought I had found the answer. I went down to my local dealer with the intentions of purchasing one, but after looking at their display model, I left quite disappointed.

The biggest problem I found with it was, there is a lot of wasted space!

1. Every wall on it is thick and bulky to give it strength.
2. The drawers only open 2/3 of the way, with almost no access to the last third of the drawer. This is a major drawback!
3. The sides of the drawers are tapered and narrower at the bottom, which means tool boxes, tackle boxes, etc. will not sit fully against the side walls creating more wasted space. I do see a custom fitted box is now available to fit the drawers, but that means all new toolboxes must be purchased.
4. The lock mechanism takes up almost 6" at the front of the drawer wasting more space.
5. The roller mechanism and tracks take up quite a bit of space also, including another 4"- 6" right down the middle.

But, on a good note!

1. The thing is well build using very good materials.
2. It is supposed to be weatherproof, however I can't verify that since I don't own one.
3. Several accessories are available for it such as, trays, dividers, and tie down points.
4. Easy to install and doesn't require modification of your vehicle. This is a major plus!
5. I suspect it is lighter weight than an all metal or metal/wood hybrid product.
6. And most importantly, it's made in the good old USA!

Right now, I feel like I would lose too much space with the Decked System, and considering what it cost, that's not acceptable. I have almost decided to just install a bed slide, and that way I can put what I need on it and where, but that doesn't solve the problem of concealment or security.

However, with all of that being said I would be willing to test one of the Decked Systems to see if my first observations and opinions are wrong. I learned a long time ago, no matter how much you read, hear, or look at something, you can't really develop a good sense of its quality or capabilities until you actually use it in the real world. If my original opinion turns out to be wrong, I would probably purchase one because I need something now. It's getting just too hard to crawl in and out of the back of that truck.

In addition to a couple of pretty complete tool boxes, I also carry off-road recovery tools, roadside emergency tools and supplies, medical gear (EMT), and survival tools and supplies, etc. Once a Firefighter, always a Firefighter! I'm also in the process of building an off-road camper, and am constantly transporting supplies and components and going in and out of the back to retrieve items.

The truck is my daily driver and is also used for working, camping, shooting, and general purpose hauling.

Update: I just found this thread, in the Storage Solutions section, so I copied this post to there also.

Last edited:
Decked-

It's fresh from the dealers lot, see pictures below. No mods whatsoever just a 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 daily driver. I am building an overland rig based on a 2007 Chevy CC, but alas- that one will have no bed. -Regards Bryan

IMG_8161.JPG
IMG_8159.jpg

3 DOGS

Observer
Trying to post pics of my truck. Apparently I'm too much of a knuckle dragger to figure out how to do it. Any ideas on an MacBook how to transfer pics here?

FWIW my truck is a 2012 Ford F150 SCREW FX4 with the Ecoboost, 3.73, locking rear diff, 33" BFG KO, with a matching fiberglass topper.

I'd love a chance to test the DECKED system. Again 3 dogs - big ones - a soon to be 3 year old and the love of the outdoors it'd be a great set up and way to organize everything. Plus I like the fact I could lock it and the tailgate and keep my other "toys" safe. I have a Tuffy lock box right now under my back seat and it's nice but having more secure storage area for more gear and guns would be nice.

Someone please tell me how to load pics!!

3 DOGS

Observer
Hopefully these pics come through. The blue box is full of gear and a portable air compressor. It'd be nice to have stuff organized and not worry about the dogs ruining/damaging stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_4458.jpg
    IMG_4458.jpg
    561.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4459.jpg
    IMG_4459.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle