LR4 Skid Plates - which ones?

umbertob

Adventurer
I believe Tactical will be coming out with a sump plate for the LR3/4 eventually, but probably not going to happen just yet. Last time I was there to get the rock sliders fitted on my LR4, they did take a good look at the front end and they did have a Mantec OEM plate for the LR3 in their shop for "inspiration", so it's in the works I am sure. Their LR4 sliders should be ready (including the all-important bracket to lift the AMK compressor of late build MY2012 and newer up and out of the way.)

I also went with Asfir for the sump guard, it is indeed a nice chunk of aluminum and fits the LR4 well, although if you are picky you can tell it was originally designed for the LR3 and "adapted" to the LR4, the front end of the plate could be a few inches wider and squarer to fill the lower bumper of the LR4 better (for about 400 bucks though, no complaints here.) It's just as strong than the $900+ OEM alternative and it also extends further under the vehicle, protecting more stuff than the Land Rover / Mantec offering. I had it powder coated black - gotta keep the black pack thing going... :) I don't have a winch.

asfir1.jpgasfir2.jpgasfir3.jpg

The good thing about the LR4 is you can change oil and filter from the top of the engine. I wouldn't look forward to removing that guard every time an oil change is due.

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I love Gordon but a day and half?. . . - :)

Just make sure to have a second ride

LOL, so funny, so true. But I still used him a lot because he is good and extremely fair.

I used the Rasta plates on my LR3, they were bomber. I tried the Asifr "sill protectors" for about a week. I sold them as pretzels later. However, I think their's skids are pretty good, just not the sill protectors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle