Maybe the $80,000 Cadillac of Offroad Trailers

loren85022

Explorer
I ran into ADAK Trailers at the Sportsmans Show in Phoenix.

Very impressive build. At $70-80k, it should be I suppose. But having owned a $30k toyhauler that was/is useless offroad, I can see why it isnt sub $50k. One thing I noticed was that the entire rear-open kitchen sits high. For any 5'5" or shorter chefs, it would be a stretch.

Nice enough guy out of Florida. Says he plans to be at ExPo-2014.

Home3NEW.jpg

Septu

Explorer
Doesn't look like it has much ground clearance. I'd probably look at a Kimberly Karavan before this.

yotes65

Observer
Phx Sportsmen Expo....

Hey loren85022, do you recall the name of the company that had the RTT integrated into the Jeep Roof. The Tent itself was a Nemo Tent. They were setup directly across from MOABAZ Trailers.

TexGX

Explorer
I spent some time looking at this trailer. It seemed very well built. The guy said the bottom does not have anything hanging below frame. It look like it had plenty of ground clearance. I liked the kitchen in the rear and small galley inside. It had a full wet bath that was bigger then my Casita. He was bragging about it being a four season trailer. It is a big trailer weighing 4800 pounds. I would say the price is a tad high, but there is not to many options in this space. I do not know the builder or have any involvement in the company.

There was also a smaller version of the jumping jack trailer that looked pretty cool as well.

TexGX

hansrober

Adventurer
I saw that trailer at Bozard Ford in St Augustine Fl. The owner/builder was dropping his F350 off for service. That trailer was well build and stout! It would make a great base camp for some bike motorbike exploring!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
No offense to those so inclined, but for that kind of coin I'd buy an entire freakin UNIMOG with all that stuff already in it.

loren85022

Explorer
Very true, and for many reason$ this wouldnt be my choice, but there's something to be said for having the ability to get your trailer further back in the sticks than others, unhitch and have your everyday truck ready to explore/hunt/etc. I just like seeing all the bling at ExPo grow.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
No offense to those so inclined, but for that kind of coin I'd buy an entire freakin UNIMOG with all that stuff already in it.
Ever owned a Unimog camper? I only ask because the comparison's a bit more complicated than you've made it out to be.

Nikson

Explorer
Any "homebuilder" here that has any reasonable skill would agree, that if "he was" to build that in his home garage - it would cost him no more than $15k to get it just as good, or better, considering it would have been built to custom fit customer's application.

IMHO - thats really overpriced to have much demands, yet makes me think that the company is really in the market for government/spec.ops type of clientele, not really public...

goin camping

Explorer
Get an Airstream instead. Kitchen will be inside.

Wally Byam led a herd of Airstreams from Capetown to Cairo back in the 1950's on roads and non roads. We take ours off road all the time in the desert. Just go slow and everything gets there and then you have comfort.

SamM

Adventurer
Anything big enough to pull this, isn't going to be doing much off-road. What's the point of getting something so big to use off-road.

SamM

TXLX

Observer
IMHO - thats really overpriced to have much demands, yet makes me think that the company is really in the market for government/spec.ops type of clientele, not really public...

This was my first thought. Perfect for an overpriced Government contract buy. You'd have to have a powerful/big tow rig to get it around even if it is durable / rugged.

You could buy a small airstream, beef up the suspension, and put some sliders on it and have a semi comparable unit for much less money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears