Medic83's Offroad Trailer

medic83

Observer
Lift system. I used 4- 75lb struts. It lifts great, but I still need to add the extra cross beam. Im gonna mount the axe, shovel, and maybe 2 high lifts to the underside. This will give it some more weight for lowering the tent down. I havent had another person to help yet, but lowering it shouldnt be too hard.

photo1-52.jpg

photo2-55.jpg

photo1-53.jpg

photo2-56.jpg

photo3-52.jpg

photo4-44.jpg

Dirtytires

Explorer
That is one bad *** trailer. I think of yours all the time I run down the road, The guy operates a flagging company and I see the arrow trailer ..

medic83

Observer
Thanks guys! Im gonna order some Jeep grab handles. 2 on each side to use to get up into the trailer to get stuff out and to help get urself up into the non ladder side of the RTT. The handles will be what we use to lower the tent back down.

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
Looks good! In retrospect I should have gone that route after all with my lift mechanism. I think I could have done it, and still had an actual lid on there.

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Cany wait to get my tepui .Looks awesome. How to you like your rtt ?Im getting the sameone

Last edited:

Fresno

Adventurer
Fantastic build. I really like the lift system. Where did you find the 75# struts? Do all four corners go up/down at the same time or one side a time? Do the posts require lube? Great idea.

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
Fantastic build. I really like the lift system. Where did you find the 75# struts? Do all four corners go up/down at the same time or one side a time? Do the posts require lube? Great idea.

I'm not sure where he got his, but McMaster carr was the best place I found for price and speed of shipment for my 200lb struts.

medic83

Observer
Thx for all the compliments guys! Ive been super busy lately. Had another kid and just busy in general. Im getting back on the trailer build here this week.

I love the Tepui tent. I highly recommend them. Very good materials. I added a 4" memory foam cal king pad but the cover was a PITA to get on when closing it. So I went with a 2".... much better. My back is jacked so I like the extra comfort. You may not need it.

The struts were from Mcmaster. that took a few different ones to get right. As far as the lift gos, I have pins in all the legs. The driving position is down then I walk around and pull all the pins, once the last one is pulled, the system raises. Then I repin them at camping height. I chose to keep the shocks outside incase of service or replacement. It lowers no problem with two people pulling in the center of the rack bars. I can do it solo as well. I just get on top and it gos down, then I pin it laying on top. LOL.

I got rid of the lid idea. It was too heavy. Im gonna make a thick tarp. I use this for dump runs so the lid would limit the load. I really dont need the lid as the tent gets low enough that people cant get in the tub.

Im gonna cut the floor out and Im gonna lay down wood. I will shed alot of weight and I really like the idea of stained wood. WHo knows.... that might change. Ill try and get some pics and keep this thread updated.

DiscoCO

Observer
The entire trailer looks great! I love the lift! What size tubing are you using for the legs? Do they bind at all?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12