Mid Atlantic Rally ( MAR) - Who's going ?

CLynn85

Explorer
Has anyone seen a tentative schedule yet? Do you have to get there Thursday morning or can you come later and still get a decent camp site and trail time?

Maryland 110

Adventurer
You can arrive anytime you like and do as much or as little as you'd like.
The schedule usually isn't available until you get your registration packet. With 50 acres set aside for camping along the river its hard to fathom that there wont be plenty of campsites available.

overlander

Expedition Leader
You can arrive anytime you like and do as much or as little as you'd like.
The schedule usually isn't available until you get your registration packet. With 50 acres set aside for camping along the river its hard to fathom that there wont be plenty of campsites available.

From what I've heard, you can't show up prior to start date (Sep 30th), because it is a private farm and the owners aren't expecting anyone prior to the start date.

cabell

I'll be there...haven't missed one yet. Wander, try some 33s on your series truck, you won't need an overdrive and it'll go like a goat.

Maryland 110

Adventurer
From what I've heard, you can't show up prior to start date (Sep 30th), because it is a private farm and the owners aren't expecting anyone prior to the start date.

Yeah-thats a given you can't arrive early. He was asking about arriving late. You also have to leave Sunday regardless of how attached to the place you may have become.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Can one of you guys give us the heads up on terrain. Mild, wild, in between? Should I expect uwharrie type trails or tellico level?

-Sam

cabell

The trails (Pearls' Pond anyway) tend to be along bottom land. Soft, sandy, often muddy. No rocks to speak of. Some pretty good hill climbs.

Maryland 110

Adventurer
Can one of you guys give us the heads up on terrain. Mild, wild, in between? Should I expect uwharrie type trails or tellico level?

-Sam

Go to youtube and check for MAR film clips up through 2007. 08 and 09 were held @ different venues. Should give you an excellent idea.

buyrovers

Adventurer
Myself and crew will be showing up. Should have a 130, couple 110 doublecabs, and maybe the blue monster 90... Looking forward to the weekend.

Maryland 110

Adventurer
Discounted pre-registration for MAR closes tonight at midnight.

If you haven’t already registered, take advantage of the discounted pre-registration fee as well as the bonus raffle tickets for a chance to win the 1.4 M Hannibal tent by registering to attend the Mid Atlantic Rally before midnight tonight, September 10th.

Over 75 trucks so far

JackW

Explorer
I sent in my registration this afternoon - looking forward to another MAR by the James River. I've come every year since 1995 except for one (wife was going through chemo) and I've always had a great time. Let's hope the hurricanes don't screw it up this year and all enjoy a great weekend with some very nice folks.

If anyone wants to see what MAR looks like they can check out my photos at:

http://solaros1.smugmug.com/Land-Rover-Events

Maryland 110

Adventurer
From the ROAV site:

Appomattox River Company will be sponsoring and donating a new KAYAK!
Kayaks will be on site for demo and a new/used sale!

So we have the Scotch distrubutor handing out samples of Johnny Walker Blue again, Kayaks, Hannibal RTT raffle, Power Tank giveaway for the weekends best photo, it just keeps getting better

Maryland 110

Adventurer
Event is a week from today.

Still trying to:
install the Cobra 75wx and tune the antenna
install the detroit locker in the salisbury
install the second rock slider-not easy on a 130
install the 3000w inverter
get the 20# co2 tank refilled
get the km2's back on the truck
bleed the brakes again
finish some mounts for shovel and axe I was working on
swap in the H4 headlights
install the new front springs and shocks
Change wheels and tires

Thats the main list. I'm sure there's more.
I love forced motivation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12