Mid Atlantic Rally ( MAR) - Who's going ?

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Good time at MAR! Too bad pearls pond closed early.

Can't wait for the cove event later this month. Hopefully I will have the disco done by then and not have to drive up in the 4runner again!

-Sam

overlander

Expedition Leader
I was looking forward to connecting with others there, but my toddlers need alot of attention at their age.

I did meet Doug though.

Doug,
Thanks for introducing yourself. My apologies for not being able to give you my full attention, as I was scrambling to break down camp to get a trail ride in before the kids lost interest.

Next time we connect, we need to do a beer and talk rover's a while. I'd like to see your truck too. It's a nice 130.

Wander

Expedition Leader
I saw my buddies pics on Saturday. Looked a bit muddy but fun. Whose very early and very nice SI was that? He almost lost it in the creek!

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
There was a specially dug v-ditch filled with mud at an adjoining mud pit that some of the guys ran. That ditch was very deep, i think only one truck made it through - Justin's D2.

-Sam

Maryland 110

Adventurer
I saw my buddies pics on Saturday. Looked a bit muddy but fun. Whose very early and very nice SI was that? He almost lost it in the creek!

There were a couple of series 1's was it yellow ?

I worked a Rally Control for a couple of hours Saturday afternoon and the count was just over 200 trucks. With such a large venue and everyone so spread out it didn't seem like nearly so many.

Last edited:

Maryland 110

Adventurer
I was looking forward to connecting with others there, but my toddlers need alot of attention at their age.

I did meet Doug though.

Doug,
Thanks for introducing yourself. My apologies for not being able to give you my full attention, as I was scrambling to break down camp to get a trail ride in before the kids lost interest.

Next time we connect, we need to do a beer and talk rover's a while. I'd like to see your truck too. It's a nice 130.

Any time Mark- very nice truck and well thought out modifications. Hope Uncle Sam lets you stay around and enjoy it for awhile before deploying you again.

overlander

Expedition Leader
Any time Mark- very nice truck and well thought out modifications. Hope Uncle Sam lets you stay around and enjoy it for awhile before deploying you again.

I'm done with deployments. 2 more years and I'll retire. Then I can live the Rover lifestyle and do longer trips to more desirable places.

I had a few more innovations, to include the RoverPC to show you. will have to be next time I guess.

My more recent innovations was the onboard shower that is 98% complete (didn't get done in time due to the turbo failure) and the modification in the back that allows me to put a full length roll-a-cot in the back so I can sleep in the cabin (RTT only fits wife and kids). I'm going to do a thread on it soon.

Wander

Expedition Leader
There were a couple of series 1's was it yellow ?

I worked a Rally Control for a couple of hours Saturday afternoon and the count was just over 200 trucks. With such a large venue and everyone so spread out it didn't seem like nearly so many.

No bronze green and very early-48 I think. It had the full grill cover (or full breakfast but that just sounds like an IHOP order). Tan cavas top-half door in the pic I saw and a pretty large fellow behind the wheel, I think the seat only made it to his lower back. I saw a few pics of your 130-looking good!

My buddy is Bob-he had a solid green 109 3 door,pretty well modified with a V8 and disco axles.

Maryland 110

Adventurer
No bronze green and very early-48 I think. It had the full grill cover (or full breakfast but that just sounds like an IHOP order). Tan cavas top-half door in the pic I saw and a pretty large fellow behind the wheel, I think the seat only made it to his lower back. I saw a few pics of your 130-looking good!

My buddy is Bob-he had a solid green 109 3 door,pretty well modified with a V8 and disco axles.

Bob from Pa ? The control room operator @ Peach Bottom Nuclear Power Plant ?
I sold him a lot of rhd defender parts. He drove that truck down to my place in Md and I spent a couple hours going over it. Very interesting guy-especially when he starts telling dive stories.

Wander

Expedition Leader
Bob from Pa ? The control room operator @ Peach Bottom Nuclear Power Plant ?
I sold him a lot of rhd defender parts. He drove that truck down to my place in Md and I spent a couple hours going over it. Very interesting guy-especially when he starts telling dive stories.

That's the guy. He's got a place down here and dives this area a lot, neat and very helpful guy. He's retired now and I think his 109 with the MOD frame is up for sale to fund the rebuild of the 88 that was wrecked.

galen216

Adventurer
The Series I belongs to Steve Hoare aka English

Bob was in our group too. Super guy, has helped me many times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12