Mission Overland Approach

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I like the rummerd price better on the Approach. Hopefully they improve that pop up. The YT video I saw on the demo unit was a flapping in the wind like a cheap roof top tent.

jd1zzle

A couple weeks back we accidentally called Arkto, meant to call their delaer in CO.

Aaron (owner/founder?) called us back and then facetimed us to go through all of the G12 trailer with us, Showing us the new cabinets, and going between the new and old model showing us specific differences. Very impressed with the company. Wish there was some more real-world reviews/ write-ups on the trailers though.

I live in Denver and have visited B&B RV multiple times to look at the Arkto. The trailer is very impressive and extremely well built. The new model coming next month has all composite and aluminum cabinets and has a new 4 person sleeping arrangement. I kinda like the two that they have in stock right now with the wood cabinets, it makes them feel a bit more “homey”. I do wish they were a little bit lighter, but they did mention having some weight reductions coming soon (~60lbs).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I will bet by the time its available, it will be 90k equip correctly. Its a bummer that they are going with Timbren axel-less suspension. Its needs to have air ride with quality shocks. I think they also need to up the fresh water to 60gal or so to really give it long term off grid ability. The good news, regardless, they build very nice trailers.

I bet it will be under 85k to hit a price point under Boreas eos12. I respectfully disagree they are a Canadian company stay with Timbrens and current tank size keep weight down so you don't need the 7k cruise master and can pull this bad boy with smaller better gas mileage tow vehicles. I was very excited they are keeping her under 4k lbs dry

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I bet it will be under 85k to hit a price point under Boreas eos12. I respectfully disagree they are a Canadian company stay with Timbrens and current tank size keep weight down so you don't need the 7k cruise master and can pull this bad boy with smaller better gas mileage tow vehicles. I was very excited they are keeping her under 4k lbs dry
I am sure your right about the price point, but I will be curius about the options that most will want. I do think that the Timbrens are a huge mistake. They do not give enough travel, and the durability if used offroad, is very questionable. Yes they are cheap.

I am sure your right about the price point, but I will be curius about the options that most will want. I do think that the Timbrens are a huge mistake. They do not give enough travel, and the durability if used offroad, is very questionable. Yes they are cheap.

You know more then I. I guess it just depends on how far you want to push you very expensive trailer off roading. I see videos of ROA and others off roading with heavy and tall rigs and it makes me wonder why and who in the real world has time to repair thier 100k + rig after every rock crawling trip. Not sure which model Kimberley you have coming but something tells me you won't be dropping of ledges on jeep trails.

I compare the jeep type off roading especially in Moab to free solo rock climbing why do it let alone with some monster expensive trailer.

I feel if timbrens are installed on a chassis designed for them with a cross member, shimed, aligned properly and maintained they are good enough for me. Even if parts have to be replaced every five years or so.

All this from a guy who will be picking up a trailer with Timbren 3500HD next week ?watch this space

FordGuy1

Adventurer
You know more then I. I guess it just depends on how far you want to push you very expensive trailer off roading. I see videos of ROA and others off roading with heavy and tall rigs and it makes me wonder why and who in the real world has time to repair thier 100k + rig after every rock crawling trip. Not sure which model Kimberley you have coming but something tells me you won't be dropping of ledges on jeep trails.

I compare the jeep type off roading especially in Moab to free solo rock climbing why do it let alone with some monster expensive trailer.

I feel if timbrens are installed on a chassis designed for them with a cross member, shimed, aligned properly and maintained they are good enough for me. Even if parts have to be replaced every five years or so.

All this from a guy who will be picking up a trailer with Timbren 3500HD next week ?watch this space
I am not saying that they are not fine, not at all. I guess my point is there are a lot of new options that are out there. Arm arm air ride works well, and is a nice option even if you don't beat the heck out of your trailer. I would never do what ROA does for the shock factor, but I would definitely drag it down tore up forest roads.

Agreed. Love the weight, guess we’ll see regarding the final price point. 37 ga plenty for me, depends on your intended use. Can easily throw three Jerrys in the camper or truck as well for a longer trip, or invest in an electric pump filtration system for free refills. Karavan is a really nice unit but whole different price point unfortunately

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram

I had Timbrens on a small off-road trailer (FSR Overlander) and they worked well, no complaints. However, IMO the biggest selling factor for that suspension system is the clearance gained by not having an axle, and yet as soon as you add a cross-member (which is frequently recommended if not outright required) that upside is immediately gone, leaving you with an expensive, difficult to source/replace suspension system that has few (if any) remaining upsides over more traditional options.

hscoots

Looks like these are finally hitting the lots:

Too bad the exterior height is just over 8 feet.

EPO

Big miss on the height. Good looking camper though.

Last edited:

Wow great price point. Solid 10k less than I was expecting. Probably will look into one of these this fall, unless the EOS drops another 20k

DFNDER

Have they said what kind of power comes with these? Inverter? Grey water? Nothing in any of the specs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online