MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Very cool setup. I used to have a Land Cruiser with a Motorola Micom HF radio and 102" whip. I could make phone patch calls to my parents when driving home from the Embassy.
We'll have to sit around a campfire some time and further discuss this. Very interesting!

TB303

Additions that I’ve added:
  • 160 watt Overland Solar flexible panel
  • 2 extra handles on the rear hatch, one inside, one outside
  • Lock N Roll hitch (truck side and trailer side)
  • Trasharoo
  • Bug screen for rear hatch

Congratulations on a quick sale of an amazing trailer. Would you mind sharing what handles and bug screen you ended up getting? I'm overwhelmed by options and would love to know from someone who already installed and used theirs.

TB303

y

My PETT toilet, Skottle, grill , wheel chocks, flag pole mount all fit on the opposite side of the fridge.
On on the opposite side of the sink are bags with the shower hose, water hose and electric extension cords for RV parks.

Are you just putting it all on top of the batteries or did you install something to keep it tidy? i don't know that i'd feel great just shoving stuff on top of the batteries but you've put 20x the miles on yours!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Are you just putting it all on top of the batteries or did you install something to keep it tidy? i don't know that i'd feel great just shoving stuff on top of the batteries but you've put 20x the miles on yours!

The battery is in a box. I had to secure the battery box to the floor. For some reason the battery was just loose in the compartment. Everything goes on the top of the battery or on the side.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
There are two things I want to purchase for overlanding this year. The first is a set of MaxTrax. the second is an electric chainsaw. Probably one with around a 20" bar. Do we have any electric chainsaw "experts" in this group? I have lots of questions; best brand/models to look for, battery size and charging requirements, etc.

Dale

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Nanc and I decided that living without a dog is no fun. We've (that means me) been searching for a good Boykin Spaniel breeder and found one in Wyoming. I really checked the breeder out and once satisfied put down a payment for a pup that should be born about mid-June. We are third on the list, so hopefully will have our choice between male and female. After always having males we may go with a female this time. These Boykins are true to the original BSS description and are smaller than many of the Boykins from other breeders. a female when fully grown and in good shape shouldn't weigh more than ~25 lb. The males can go up to 10 lbs over that. The smaller size appeals to us because of the limited sleeping area in Beastie. Actually, I'm thinking under the table would make a great "den" for the pup.

The present plan is to pick the dog up in mid-September when it is around 12 weeks old. The breeder really likes to keep the pups around that long so that he and his family can get them into a training regime and associate a lot with humans. This mid-September time frame works great because I plan on being in the WY area as a starting point for doing the Heart of the West Loop. So the dog's first association with us will be on a 1,400-2,800 mile overlanding trip. It will be totally accustomed to trailer life and playing on public lands. That should be a good start. It will also force us to get out of the rig and exercise the pup a lot. They are born hunters and also love the water. So we'll probably be checking out every small river, lake and stream we come across.

I guess the only thing this has to do with the trailer is that the dog will be a major part of traveling with it in the near future.

F4C13A37-1182-47E2-9F6E-EB4311E79C42.jpeg

Last edited:

blacklbzbeauty

There are two things I want to purchase for overlanding this year. The first is a set of MaxTrax. the second is an electric chainsaw. Probably one with around a 20" bar. Do we have any electric chainsaw "experts" in this group? I have lots of questions; best brand/models to look for, battery size and charging requirements, etc.

Dale

Hey Dale,
I do not own a cordless chainsaw but have been considering one for the rig. This link has some good info. I was all set to go pick up a Stihl at the local dealer as that is all I have owned for 20+ years. Now I am considering other options as well. Let me know what you think.
Also congrats on the new travel companion!

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Hey Dale,
I do not own a cordless chainsaw but have been considering one for the rig. This link has some good info. I was all set to go pick up a Stihl at the local dealer as that is all I have owned for 20+ years. Now I am considering other options as well. Let me know what you think.
Also congrats on the new travel companion!

David, you and Teri will be two of the first people to meet the new pup in September. ;)

Thanks for the article. I think I am going to check out the Echo. Mid to upper level scores across the board. And a price of ~ $200 is not bad for something I will only use for overlanding. What are you looking at?

Dale

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Slight update, both the Echo and the Ego look good and in my price range. The Ego has an easier chain tensioning system. Now to find a local dealer for each of them.

loup407

Adventurer
how do you like that nose wheel? I have been vacillating on our trailer. I keep searching for a better solution that would work...and keep coming back to the Ark 750.

Well, I finally got it done. And it works great! These are a couple of shots pre-mounting but prior to reinstalling the Electronic brake controller box. It had to be moved slightly to clear the wheels when in the stored position. My wonderful neighbor came over with a 1-1/4" drill bit and a carbon grinder bit for squaring off the edges.

I want to thank Mike for the inspiration. These Australian made Ark 750 Extremes can be found on Amazon.

View attachment 641546View attachment 641547

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
how do you like that nose wheel? I have been vacillating on our trailer. I keep searching for a better solution that would work...and keep coming back to the Ark 750.
I have not yet had it in the field. Still snow on the ground around here. Let’s ask Mike. I believe he has a year off-roading with his.

Jonny_Rotten

Does anyone know if this Facebook ad to sell Mission Overland is legit? Hard to imagine but you never know. @flipmachine

Attachments

• 24727C71-160D-45D0-A623-C4FE4E462376.png
    24727C71-160D-45D0-A623-C4FE4E462376.png
    2 MB · Views: 86
  • 69CDEDF8-DE33-4DEF-A0B8-F53B460A6444.png
    69CDEDF8-DE33-4DEF-A0B8-F53B460A6444.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 80

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Does anyone know if this Facebook ad to sell Mission Overland is legit? Hard to imagine but you never know. @flipmachine

Yes, the ad is legit. But not necessarily for the reasons that you might think. I just got off the phone with Mark. His business is booming. In the two years since I purchased Beastie, Mission Overland has built and sold over 60 Summit trailers. And he has orders for many, many more. He has been turning down daily offers by RV companies wanting to sell these. He just can't make them fast enough. One of his existing buyers has sold 12 already and has 6 more on order. He is looking to expand for the third time as his present facilities are just too small to keep up with demand.

I don't feel that I am at liberty to say too much more than that. Maybe more soon. This is really good news, not bad, trust me.

Jonny_Rotten

Yes, the ad is legit. But not necessarily for the reasons that you might think. I just got off the phone with Mark. His business is booming. In the two years since I purchased Beastie, Mission Overland has built and sold over 60 Summit trailers. And he has orders for many, many more. He has been turning down daily offers by RV companies wanting to sell these. He just can't make them fast enough. One of his existing buyers has sold 12 already and has 6 more on order. He is looking to expand for the third time as his present facilities are just too small to keep up with demand.

I don't feel that I am at liberty to say too much more than that. Maybe more soon. This is really good news, not bad, trust me.
Thanks for this. I’m not a Mission Overland trailer owner yet but I hope to be in the near future.

Congratulations on a quick sale of an amazing trailer. Would you mind sharing what handles and bug screen you ended up getting? I'm overwhelmed by options and would love to know from someone who already installed and used theirs.
Screen (had to trim the length) - Handles -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears