MIssion Overland Trailer Owners page

TB303

Hey all, i know this thread is gold and we also have facebook. But for those of us not on facebook* and who prefer reddit, i made this:

no ego, not intending to take anything from anyone, just offering a place to put MO stuff for folks who prefer reddit. Or maybe it will go nowhere, that's fine too.

*I appreciate that's where the users are and some amazing groups like Explorers of the Mojave Desert are, but FB is just a force of evil in the world right now.

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Hey all, i know this thread is gold and we also have facebook. But for those of us not on facebook* and who prefer reddit, i made this:

no ego, not intending to take anything from anyone, just offering a place to put MO stuff for folks who prefer reddit. Or maybe it will go nowhere, that's fine too.

*I appreciate that's where the users are and some amazing groups like Explorers of the Mojave Desert are, but FB is just a force of evil in the world right now.
No problemo! I personally don't tweet, facebook, or use Reddit. A bit of a Luddite actually. I agree with your sentiments concerning FB, and actually feel the same for most modes for social media. So have at it, and have fun!

Last edited:

eat_wander_repeat

What does everyone use their front storage rack for? Our trailer is scheduled for production soon, and we're thinking it'll make a great firewood rack.

(Picture taken from the Mission Overland site)

Attachments

• 302A6420-1024x680.jpg
    302A6420-1024x680.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 46

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
What does everyone use their front storage rack for? Our trailer is scheduled for production soon, and we're thinking it'll make a great firewood rack.

I use the top of my box to carry two 20 L jerry cans, and also to hold two canvas totes filled with firewood. I didn't get the front storage rack on Beastie.
129297EA-5649-406C-857A-BA78AD83A37F.jpeg

loup407

Adventurer
I’m looking forward to hearing more. Mark has done an exceptional job with customer service, which is super rare. I would be sad to see Mission dissolve or change for the worse. We really love our trailer!

Yes, the ad is legit. But not necessarily for the reasons that you might think. I just got off the phone with Mark. His business is booming. In the two years since I purchased Beastie, Mission Overland has built and sold over 60 Summit trailers. And he has orders for many, many more. He has been turning down daily offers by RV companies wanting to sell these. He just can't make them fast enough. One of his existing buyers has sold 12 already and has 6 more on order. He is looking to expand for the third time as his present facilities are just too small to keep up with demand.

I don't feel that I am at liberty to say too much more than that. Maybe more soon. This is really good news, not bad, trust me.

Hello all, this is my first post on Expedition Portal. Thank you to all the owners posting in this forum.

I was hours away from signing off on an Off Grid Pando but, feel incredibly fortunate to have stumbled onto Mission Overland. I just signed the paperwork for a MO Summit build, due for delivery in late Spring.

A little about myself:
- Family of 3 with a 9 year old boy​
- Avid outdoor enthusiasts (dirt biking , hiking, climbing, skiing)​
- We've never owned a trailer before. We have always been tent campers both in the backcountry and at organized campsites.​
- We are native Albertans which is the only reason I was able to get into a Summit this year.​

Some of the things I am looking into are:
- a windscreen/stove cover for the Dometic cooktop. I've been told the one from Dometic is flimsy?​
- folding wooden mat for the shower enclosure​
- options for decorative awning/patio lights?​
- options to insulate interior tent walls if needed?​
- cargo netting for the front rack which I plan to use exclusively for firewood​
- toilets​
We are excited to join you all. Tips and recommendations are welcomed.

Cheers!

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
There are two things I want to purchase for overlanding this year. The first is a set of MaxTrax. the second is an electric chainsaw. Probably one with around a 20" bar. Do we have any electric chainsaw "experts" in this group? I have lots of questions; best brand/models to look for, battery size and charging requirements, etc.

Dale
I have a Greenworks electric chainsaw . It works fine for the light use it is intended for. If I anticipated heavy use I'd get a second battery. I got an electric saw because I did not want to deal with carrying oil/gas mix.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer

My trailer did not have the rack. Actually that was better for me as I added Alu Boxes for some extra storage. I made a wooden barrier to carrier firewood .

Attachments

• box3.jpg
    box3.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 57
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 56
  • box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 51

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I’m looking forward to hearing more. Mark has done an exceptional job with customer service, which is super rare. I would be sad to see Mission dissolve or change for the worse. We really love our trailer!

I will second the customer service by Mark. Very rare in this day and age.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
My trailer did not have the rack. Actually that was better for me as I added Alu Boxes for some extra storage. I made a wooden barrier to carrier firewood .
Mike,

How did you mount your AluBoxes? I really like them.

Dale

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Mike,

How did you mount your AluBoxes? I really like them.

Dale

No matter what the weight, when off-reading, especially downhill, trailers this size need brakes. They add so much safety and control. You’ll be happy you ordered them.

Tell me about your graphics please!

Haha, I'm new to trailers so, apologies if this is a stupid question but, does the Summit come with brakes? I'll be towing it behind an F150 with a towing package and OEM brake controller. Do I have to request that Mark install trailer brakes or are you guys just referring the the brake controller (which my truck already has)?

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Haha, I'm new to trailers so, apologies if this is a stupid question but, does the Summit come with brakes? I'll be towing it behind an F150 with a towing package and OEM brake controller. Do I have to request that Mark install trailer brakes or are you guys just referring the the brake controller (which my truck already has)?
Yes, it comes with electric brakes. So your brake controller will come in handy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears