Mitsu Fuso Camper examples

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
A neat home built NPS 250 with a slide on. Not sure exactly how it comes on and of yet. I see the lifting eyes but he probably has some side jacks in mind. It's still a work in progress. The owner has only partially fitted out in inside at this point. We've had it down at work for a few weeks.

4444653309_1454433fbf.jpg

Last edited:

mab

Observer
long time viewer, first time poster.
Have a couple of pics from my research folder, hope they haven't already been put up

Attachments

• red baron.jpg
    red baron.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 455
  • red baron 1.jpg
    red baron 1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 424
  • red baron 2.jpg
    red baron 2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 371

whatcharterboat

You win.

Found this for sale today. I think there's an old FG under there somewhere. My boss tells me, one thing he definitely wants to build is a 6x6 FG. This guy obviously beat him to it. Cool huh?

4475435195_462177e11f_o.jpg

whatcharterboat

150hp turbo diesel intercooled. 5spd transfer case 6x4 hi & low and 6x6 hi & low both rear axles. LSD front axle FWH. 108,000kms. 2 spare tyres. 12000 warm winch. 2 new AGM deep cycle batteries. 240 ah Honda EU 30 gen. 320lt fuel, 300lts water. UHF & HF codan. 14ft boat, 2 ton trailer with (buggy not included). Air con, 220lt Waeco fridge freezer. 5mtr concealed Fiamma annexe shower & Dometic toilet, wynguard TV antenna. Lots of spare parts.

Hey Chocko. Can you add any thing to this? Like especially how he did the 6x6 setup?

Some more. Low res. Nothing I could do about the quality. Sorry

4476309542_1fff1c9699_o.jpg

4475532355_4da2c8483f_o.jpg

engineer

Adventurer
I don't think it would be too hard, you could make it all independantly selectable i.e. 2wd, then 4wd, then 6wd using the pto not unlike the 6X6 perentie landrover. Not much allowance for slippage, but then you'd only use it on unsealed surfaces (just had a flashback to the old signs they had on the glovebox door of the FJ45 troopy). It's do-able (is that even a word???) the other way of running a double pinion on the main and flipping the rear diff over. Just need a milling machine and a decent lathe.

1Engine

Observer
I had a look underneath it about 18 months ago on Cairns & from memory it was running 2 tail shafts from the transfer case.
At the time it looked in great condition.
It is one mean machine:wings:

whatcharterboat

Well this is different. The longest one we've seen too. 4400mm wheelbase.
It's a race bike hauler. Desert racing I suppose.
That front section of the camper roof is a pop top for sleeping.
Having a lot of extra work done to it while it's here.
I know what everyone's thinking > "WHY?" So I'll have to find out more info and continue the post.

4520294694_606a54faa8.jpg

Last edited:

haven

Expedition Leader
My guess is that the chassis previously had a hydraulic dump tray,
and the new owner just attached the camper to its subframe. It
would make sense if the cab tilted forward for engine access, but
the dual cab models are fixed to the frame.

Is that a plexiglass stone guard around the lower portion of the windshield?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998