Mitsu Fuso Camper examples

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Sorry missed one.

3880194999_f55740dd1a_o.jpg

kerry

Expedition Leader
Interesting short cabover section. I imagine it was designed to allow the cab to still tilt.

whatcharterboat

I must have seen 3 different homebuilds around here in the last week. This one came into work today.

3922277277_b9d098eeee_o.jpg

And just North of Yandina is a free camp ground that I usually check out in the mornings. Took these pics last week.
3922253899_74e99cb35b_o.jpg

3922247717_f32219b3e8_o.jpg

able

Isuzu FTS advise

Hi all,
I wasn't sure where to put this request for advice.
We are in the process of looking at various 4x4 heavy trucks for an expedition vehicle. Our funds are limited but need something with a large GVM.
We have looked very closely at Isuzu FTS 700 6speed and Hino GT 4x4 around the 1990 age but are leaning towards the FTS 700 because mainly of price. Anyone know much about these or seen any with the camper body workover?
I have asked ATW for some advise (because we think they know whats what) on suspension mods etc. and what we may need.
Has anyone done any distance in an FTS 700 6speed and can we live with it?
Thankyou

lehel1

Adventurer
our new camper ready for pickup !!

hello all

me and laura are very excited as our new camper is ready for pickup after what seems a very long wait. the builder sent a couple of pic's to wet our apitite ; )

we're hoping we can get out there sometime in the next couple weeks and see how this thing fits and looks on our truck.

we'll get some more pic's of the package when we get out there, also planning a small vacation on the return trip. the only bummer, no cushions yet. were have those made by a local friend.

here's our truck and camper before there offical meet ; )

cheers lehel and laura

p.s. well, could not load the pic's. anyways we'll try again another time

lehel1

Adventurer
trying pic's again

well, it seems we just don't have what it takes to download pic's on this forum, sorry

but we do enjoy others treads and pic's on here though. we do plan to go to the next overland expo. perhaps we'll see some of you there.

later lehel and laura

whatcharterboat

Had this one in today. Being setup for family camping by the looks. It came from the dealers and obviously still hasn't been delivered yet. I noticed it had flyscreens under all the zipped flaps in the back. A pintel hook on a 6 ton hitch so I presume he'll be towing a large boat, the biggest s/s water tank I've ever seen between the rails, dual battery setup, the worlds ugliest bull bar although it was alloy, Lightforce spotlights on it, and possibly a 12,000lb Ironman winch. Remember the crewcabs can't tilt the cab so you don't need to make provision for that in the bullbar design. The canopy looked like it had been put together well and check out the neat recovery locker above the tow hitch. Alloy roof and dropsides. Rigidly mounted.

I'm sure it would be a good beach camping rig.

John.

4099792823_82f1008e47.jpg

4100555724_b8e6959323.jpg

able

Isuzu NPS300 2000

Just purchased an old NPS300 and am in the process of selling the stainless service body (any one want it) :) to start my overlander project.
For the back we have purchased a 14' toyhauler in the States and are in the process of bringing it in.
The NPS has PTO and hydraulic rear winch and heaps of outlets for other stuff. We hope to get hold of a hydraulic generator and some other bits, and of course the usual ATW super singles and a way of saving the box from twisting via some mounts.

Attachments

• 3rd isuzu.jpg
    3rd isuzu.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 948
  • side-nps.jpg
    side-nps.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 778
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 705

able

Nps

An artists impression (bull artist) of what we hope to accomplish with the NPS.

Attachments

• camper1.jpg
    camper1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 5,673

1Engine

Observer
The NPS has PTO and hydraulic rear winch and heaps of outlets for other stuff. We hope to get hold of a hydraulic generator

In my past I had dealings with mounting hyd generators on small drill rigs.
The main item that you need is a constant flow valve as this allows engine speed variation & not upsetting the generator frequency.

It may be good in theory, however the added cost in wear & tear on the engine & gearbox, the added weight & the noise of the engine running, it may be more cost effective to buy a 2kva inverter honda etc.

DzlToy

Explorer
not sure how this board manages attachments, but most post pictures like this:

address of picture you are posting

so the picture will show up like this:

attachment.php

instead of like this:

File Type: jpg camper1.jpg (19.5 KB, 71 views)

just FYI

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior