Mitsubishi L300 4WD

jaggedfish

Observer
Wow! That's a lot of work!

Can really tell who is in the family... the coveralls appear to be hereditary :)

I still love the L300's and have missed mine in some ways. Will be lots of fun when you are done!

Hopefully it`s not done soon, because i usually sell my car`s when they`re done... :oops:

Big setback today: For some reason the bedliner didn`t stick really good to the car and peeled off at some spots. Looks like i have to redo the paint... :Wow1: :mad:

Wouldn`t be one of my rigs without some stickers:

8380991hai.jpg

8380992hlu.jpg

Here are two pictures of the bedliner fail:

8380989edg.jpg

8380990ylq.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
The addition of the new stickers :Wow1:looks real good Seinez! I wonder where you get those stickers from?:ylsmoke: Regarding the application of bedliner I would reccomend the Steinez 13 layer bondo prep work first, and please make sure your sister has a mask on next time she sands the bondo.:snorkel: It will most certainly prolong her life! It looks like your sister will make some real nice `Fashionable´curtains judging by the articles on fashion taped up on the wall of her room..... Good luck and keep us updated with LOTS of pics.....:)

Another bummer today... :-( I noticed a crack in the exhaust manifold and wanted to weld it. For better access i removed the heat cover and noticed another crack all the way around the manifold. It`s basically broken in half. So i removed the manifold and exhaust completely and noticed another two cracks in the exhaust tubing. When i wanted to weld it i noticed that my gas for the welder was empty...

So i have lot`s of work to do tomorrow after work, so i can maybe try to get it inspected on Thursday. But my brake kit won`t arrive in time, so i have to be really lucky to get it approved...

At least i painted it again today and the paint sticks like it`s supposed to... :)

Spent the whole day at the front brakes and i`m not even finished yet...

Passenger side went flawless, everything worked like it was supposed to. Then i started with the drivers side. I wasn`t able to unbolt the brake caliper, both bolts were rusted big time. So we tried to get the hub out without removing the brake caliper, but it didn`t work out. So i grabbed the angel grinder and cut off the bolts. But it didn`t dome off either. So i started to drill out the bolts, but wasn`t able to get them out both, because of the limited room. It took me the better parts of an hour to take a sledgehammer and bang the caliper out a few mm, so i could reach it with the angle grinder. After 3 hours of work it came finally out. Took me another half an hour to bang the brake disc free of the hub, it`s incredible how they were rusted together. My father started to drill the old bolts out then, while i started to assemble the new brakes...7

Will add some pictures tomorrow...

Oh, and all 4 rims where painted flat black...

This is how the exhaust looked:

dsc05621eokq.jpg

And the exhaust manifold:

dsc056228rvz.jpg

Few pics from yesterday...

It rained all the time and the L300 doesn`t fit in my shop, so i placed some tarps over it:

dsc05623yqcs.jpg

dsc056263rfw.jpg

Wheels primered:

dsc05624arme.jpg

And painted:

dsc05625ooaz.jpg

Doesn`t look that bad anymore, does it?

dsc05632npw4.jpg

dsc05633fowv.jpg

Placed some more stickers today:

dsc05635rqym.jpg

dsc05636sql9.jpg

Now it`s time for some mud flaps restauration:

dsc05634lpkh.jpg

So after two hours i managed it to put some new treads in the brake caliper. After that it took me like 5min to reassemble the missing left side. Then i wanted to start painting the front axle, but that would`ve been too easy, wouldn`t it? So i drove out of my frontyard to turn the car around and i noticed that i loose brake pressure. I turned down the window and heard something like "psst psst" every time i pushed down the brake. After a quick look under the car i noticed that one of the rear brake lines was broken. So it took me the rest of the day to fix that, but not sure now if it`s good to go, because the night came in...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12