Mitsubishi L300 4WD

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Sorry for not keeping up with your build Steinez, but I am still in shock:Wow1:eek:ver the use of osb sheit board in the cab!:( Glad to see that your Delicious in coming along, and that you now have a new way to melt plastic up front. (the driving lamps with plastic signs in front of them must make for real good plastic melt) Does the alternator make enough power to run all those lights at once? Anyways, good that you have some nice friends that install car stereos and subwoofers for you. Those are good friends. What we really need to see is if this Mitsibushi Delicious can 4 wheel. Cant you take it out and get some good pics of it doing some 4 wheeling? Keep that build going and lets see some new pics soon. Cheers, Chilli.

So what are the plans for the van?

Hmm, not really sure at the moment. But i think those things are for sure:
-steel bumpers
-rear swingout
-center winch (hopefully, if not, rear winch)
-1-2" lift
-rear air suspension
-skid plates
-camper interior that can be swapped out for the standart interior

Sorry for not keeping up with your build Steinez, but I am still in shock:Wow1:eek:ver the use of osb sheit board in the cab!:( Glad to see that your Delicious in coming along, and that you now have a new way to melt plastic up front. (the driving lamps with plastic signs in front of them must make for real good plastic melt) Does the alternator make enough power to run all those lights at once? Anyways, good that you have some nice friends that install car stereos and subwoofers for you. Those are good friends. What we really need to see is if this Mitsibushi Delicious can 4 wheel. Cant you take it out and get some good pics of it doing some 4 wheeling? Keep that build going and lets see some new pics soon. Cheers, Chilli.

Hi, maybe i`m using some mdf plates for the camper stuff, just for you... :sombrero:
The lights only draw about 18 amps, thats not much. I`m going to convert all the other lights to LED`s, so they should draw less. But it`s not a problem for the alternator, it should be big enough...
No offroad pictures atm, because of the lack of offroad terrain at home...

I think i`m going to take a lot of measurements tomorrow... :Wow1:

First i repaired the parking brake today:

dsc058332ozra.jpg

Then i bought some stuff for the camper conversion, that i decided to start today:

dsc05834a6xuo.jpg

Then i started fabbing some mounts:

dsc058358uzfa.jpg

Time to bring out my woodworking skills :)bowdown:):

dsc058375iz0e.jpg

This is the bed in sleeping mode:

dsc058383vxye.jpg

And as a seat:

dsc058399cauu.jpg

TroySmith80

Adventurer
Looks like you intend to sleep sideways... or is there a front portion to the bed that is not yet in place? How wide is the bed? And how tall are you?

I'm designing/building a camper setup for my Astro van right now, and life would be so, so, so much easier if i could sleep sideways in it. Not even close of course, since it's about 5 feet wide and i like to have about 6.5' of sleeping space. Even the full-size vans are too narrow to sleep sideways.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Looks like you intend to sleep sideways... or is there a front portion to the bed that is not yet in place? How wide is the bed? And how tall are you?

I'm designing/building a camper setup for my Astro van right now, and life would be so, so, so much easier if i could sleep sideways in it. Not even close of course, since it's about 5 feet wide and i like to have about 6.5' of sleeping space. Even the full-size vans are too narrow to sleep sideways.
I have a feeling he isn't done yet.....I did sleep sideways in a 84 Dodge 1 ton van for most likely about 30 nights, 1 week at a time, about 10 years ago. I hated it when it was cold and my feet would poke out occasionally. things are more fun when you,re younger.:coffeedrink:

Hi,
the bed itself is finished in the pics. If you look closely at the first picture you'll see a folded bench in front of the wood. This is the front section of the bed that you are missing. The bed is about 190cm by 120cm. I'm about 170cm tall and will hopefully be traveling with a nice girl most of the time, so it's not that bad that its a bit narrow...:p

On the right side, where that piece of wood isn't installed yet, will be a cabinet for clothes, etc. In front of it, towards the sliding door will be a small kitchen, that's accessible from the inside and outside...

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Hi,
the bed itself is finished in the pics. If you look closely at the first picture you'll see a folded bench in front of the wood. This is the front section of the bed that you are missing. The bed is about 190cm by 120cm. I'm about 170cm tall and will hopefully be traveling with a nice girl most of the time, so it's not that bad that its a bit narrow...:p

On the right side, where that piece of wood isn't installed yet, will be a cabinet for clothes, etc. In front of it, towards the sliding door will be a small kitchen, that's accessible from the inside and outside...
Dude! Nice girls are hard to find. Not that skinny gal Chillie was with is it? :coffeedrink::):sombrero:

Almost finished the cabinet today:

dsc05854y7zhu.jpg

Upper mount:

dsc05855kwbif.jpg

The bed still folds up:

dsc05856d1a7b.jpg

I need a good idea for securing my clothes in the cabinet while driving. Don`t like the elastic strap solution...

r_w

Adventurer
Vertical bungies are easy and work. Drill holes in the shelves to inset them and lose the hooks and they look better.

Side release buckles and straps work, too.

First i painted the sides today:

dsc058616vl8q.jpg

It came out "good from far but far from good "...

Then it was time to remove the rear bumper. I didn`t need to remove a single bolt, i just ripped it off:

dsc05866yraj7.jpg

We placed bets on how much is left of the support. Well, i won, because i said nothing is left...

dsc05867wex20.jpg

Me removing the few bits that were left:

dsc05878bpb08.jpg

All the crap that came out:

dsc05881l4yr6.jpg

And some paint:

dsc05882x8x2s.jpg

Will add a new steel rear bumper on monday...

Test fit of the mattress. Still need to cut it down:

dsc058830cbic.jpg

I think the spare needs some paint:

dsc05887chzde.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger