Mobile Base Camp Family Camper

RoadForce

Observer
Thanks for the compliments. So the steel frame is primed and painted. I do get slight oil canning on very hot days, but when the temperature returns to normal the oil canning goes away. I also used VHB tape to provide a barrier between the steel and the aluminum. So there is no contact between aluminum and steel. I riveted at critical areas to provide more strength. Every joint is cleaned and silicone and to provide a waterproof barrier. It is held up very well with no leaks in very heavy rains and in traveling on wet roads. Good luck with your build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compliments where compliments are due. Thanks for answering!

airbornegrunt82

I really like this build and all the finishing touches like the coat hanger keep the kid from rolling off top bunk device ha ha.

Is the white vented component A/C? Also, the metal box along the wall about shoulder height...what's this? Do you have enough ventilation in the upper bunk area?

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
I think this trailer fills a need that people would go for here in the states. Definitely got my gears turning.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

indiedog

Adventurer
I also have a family of 5 so know where you are coming from. Awesome build! I just won't let my wife see it. :D

Got a question. Do the upper walls just fold up to seal to the roof when it is raised? I looked at the pics but couldn't see a solution.

Cheers, Indie.

midog

Observer
I also have a family of 5 so know where you are coming from. Awesome build! I just won't let my wife see it. :D

Got a question. Do the upper walls just fold up to seal to the roof when it is raised? I looked at the pics but couldn't see a solution.

Cheers, Indie.

Yes the roof has long side flashing that seals the sides. No leaks, and it's been in some good storms

midog

Observer
I really like this build and all the finishing touches like the coat hanger keep the kid from rolling off top bunk device ha ha.

Is the white vented component A/C? Also, the metal box along the wall about shoulder height...what's this? Do you have enough ventilation in the upper bunk area?

Yes, that is an AC unit. The metal boxes at shoulder height are storage cabinets. The roof has (2) vents that open one of them is a powered fan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior