Montero Build

Monstero

Adventurer
The fronts arent that bad. A spring compressor and a few wrenches and they come apart. You will have to undo the top ball joint to get shocks in but just do one at a time so that if you have to use the other side for reference so you know what goes where. Post up before and after pics when you get done.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Cool deal. Anxiously awaiting the pics of it.

Ha ha ha!!! Monty is lifted and done! :victory:

DSC01477.JPG

DSC01480.JPG

PS. Aaron, I think I left a zip tie on the passenger side brake line that needs to get cut off (the zip tie that is).

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Thanks, Wil. I look for it and snip it off (the zip tie). And thank you Wil very much for taking care of the front for me and posting pics. Another reason Sierra Expeditions is great to do business with.

Mostero said:
Looks TOO clean....need to get those dirtyso they match they rest if it

I know, Phil. I'm heading out this weekend so hopefully the new set up will start to match the rest of the truck. I'll post some before and after pics this evening.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
OK,
Stage II, Section 2.2 (cont'd)

Before:

001-14.jpg

After:

001-15.jpg

Not as good of a pic, but you can clearly see it is up in the air a bit. I'll post my impressions in a bit.

And I cannot say enough good stuff and say thank you enough to Wil for installing the front lift. Thanks again, Wil, I really like the new stance.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
No problem Aaron. IIRC, Firestone service centers used to offer an lifetime alignment for about $125 or so. I would consider that and get an alignment after your springs settle a bit. Don't forget about that missing lug nut, and re-torquing the ball joint bolts and what I showed you.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Thanks, Wil. I already took care of the lug nut. I will re-torque everything this weekend, and an alignment is on the list in the very near future. I think once the springs settle the ride will get a bit better again as well as it will start flexing a bit more. There was practically no flex in the suspension this weekend. If I wasn't aired down it would have felt like I was going over those rocks in a go kart. I did like the fact that I had the back loaded with hundreds of pounds of stuff (gear, full fridge, tools, etc) and the back didn't drop at all. I am getting very anxious to get more weight up front though, if you know what I mean, Wil (though I know there is nothing you can do about it). This weekend I might also put some more cool schwag on that I aquired from SE. I'll keep you all posted.

P.S. Also, for those that may not know, the Trasharoo is a great way to carry firewood to the camp site. More beneficial if you are staying for a couple of days. I think everyone needs a Trasharoo, JMO.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I need a trasharoo for sure!

Looking great Aaron...can't wait to get back out on the trails with ya! :elkgrin:

I think you need to get on the phone with Wil or Wen and get your Trasharoo ordered.

Thanks, hopefully we can hit up the trails again in the near future. I am trying to get out a bit more. I want to do as much as I can before the baby comes cause it'll be a few months before the baby will be able to travel the rough stuff.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Stage II, Section 2.2 Impressions:

Well, the new suspension has been on for a few weeks now so i thought I would post up my impressions.

It is much firmer than stock, especially when unloaded, but this was to be expected. I also find there to be quit a bit of bound back with the front. I am hoping this will be mitigated with some additional weight on the front in the very near future. It doesn't feel scary or dangerous, but with the HD springs on there seems to be little give to the suspension. I am also getting used to the squeeking. There used to be no squeeks or rattles with the truck, but since the lift, the suspension does squeek. I do love the fact that I can load it up with all of my gear and the suspension does not give one bit. Once I get the rear drawer system finished, the additional weight should help the springs settle. There is still little flex in the system and I am hoping this will get better. The new stance is great, and I am still about 2" higher which is great on the trails. I am not dissapointed with my choice of the HD suspension, and I know that once all the weight is on there and the springs settle a bit it will get better. Thanks again to Wil and Wen at SE. Call me when Brown shows up with the rest of my stuff. I'll keep you all posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger