Mr.Roboto Shogun! My 2005 Montero Limited

Schitzangiggles

King of Macastan
You can get a Urethane/rubber mudflap from a truck stop for like $12 or so, cut it in half width wise and length wise and do all four corners for $12.

use stainless steel door hinges with a removable pin and you have a quick release system if you do get into rocks so you don't tear them up. I did this for wheel well liners and fender extentiosn for my Jeep Wrangler and when I get a lift and bigger tires on the Montero I'll be doing the same thing.
20140826_153709.jpg

20140122_164151.jpg

http://www.4statetrucks.com/mudflaps/semi-truck-mud-flap-ribbed-24in-x-30in_544.asp

Schitzangiggles

King of Macastan
I think I can get away with postin pics of my jeep in the Mitsu Forum as it now has a 9" rear with 4.875 ratio and airlocker, bouncy seats and the gauge pod out of a 92 SR... The Montero SR rear is the same width as the D35 and has the same bolt patern as the D44 from the Wagoneer under the front.:sombrero::smiley_drive:

Where is a reputable place to get the wheel spacers that are hubcentric and have the correct hub size? Online I have found 9 different companies claiming that their spacers are the ones for my wife's 2001. IIRC '01 and newer should have the 67.1mm sized pilot/hub right? She jsut got new 235/85r16 Cooper AT3's and I have the 2" HD OME lift coming but the 235's and factory wheels are pretty narrow and look like a rail road truck...

TerrenceLP

Observer
Some updates - #lovinit

Lovells 2" SD Spring
Bilstein B6 shocks
Level 8 Punch 5 wheel - 17x8.5" ET18 @23lbs per wheel
Hankook Dyna Pro AT 265/70-17

1strun2.jpg

1strun.jpg

Outdooraholic

Adventurer
Truck looks great! I'm a big Mitsubishi guy and would love to get a clean Montero like that for my wife. She currently drives a 2013 Outback that we bought brand new but with our growing family we need something with a 3rd row. However it would have to be a super clean Montero to get her to change.

I like the Rally Armor flaps, I ran them on my '05 Evo. My current Evo has the urethane Ralliart ones from Evobits.com and my Eclipse GSX has a set of homemade flaps that I cut out from a single semi flap like someone mentioned above. It's hard to go wrong with a nice set of flaps!

Rally Armor:
ecf08c88fd188d4419c182bc1ada406e.jpg

Homemade:
ef7c882d341f7dd6b5172fcd01a4ef8c.jpg

Ralliart:
a016ecbfbefc9d06150cf279ec7e9b31.jpg

Last edited:

coffeegoat

Adventurer
TerrenceLP
It's been a few months since you got the Android head installed - can you give a brief rundown of how the installation went, and how it's been working for you?

The reviews are pretty mixed on those units and I'm considering something similar (either an android unit or a Jensen with a backup camera) and I'd appreciate any insight you might have. Cheers

Offroadmuch

Explorer
Hey reference the 23 pound wheels, is that a good weight? Not sure what my stock 6 spoke stock aluminum 2003 Ltd Mitsu wheels weigh minus tires. That is some good info to have. I onow the lighter the better for cv joints and overall suspension wear...

TerrenceLP

Observer
Hey reference the 23 pound wheels, is that a good weight? Not sure what my stock 6 spoke stock aluminum 2003 Ltd Mitsu wheels weigh minus tires. That is some good info to have. I onow the lighter the better for cv joints and overall suspension wear...

I had Discount Tire look it up and I also weigh them when I got them, 23~25 lbs - and if you what to spend double, I recommend these - http://www.methodracewheels.com/products/roost-bronze - much stronger at the same 25 lbs area.

I will say getting Good tires, not boat anchors, will also help as you mentioned - lighten up rotational weight.

Over all I'm at the same weight with wider rims and bigger tires (17x8.5 and 70 sidewalls on Hankook DynaPro's AT) - But I should have went with a 285 - that would have been perfect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears