My 2 trailers build

peewhy

IN love with the trailers!!! GREAT WORK.. wish I had the welding skills would love to build one myself..

bobholthaus

Observer
Greenmonkey: I see your plans for the trailing arm setup. Are your arm lengths specific to your overall trailer length, or does it matter? Where did you get the bushings? You said you bought the weld-on spindles from AT; where did you get the brakes? I want to have a trailing arm setup welded for my trailer so any further detail on that entire setup is appreciated. Thanks. Btw, your wife is either a ball buster or your brother-in-law has some serious dirt on you, ha! What an amazing job. If he ever gets ungrateful, I'll be the first bidder on that second rig!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360862794.557563.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360862794.557563.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Sorry for the delayed response, I've been out of town with work and not a lot of extra time.
On my trailers I knew where I wanted to mount the trailing arm and I knew where I wanted the axle center to be so I made the arm fit. I'm no expert but I don't think it really matters how long they are. I would think a little longer would be better that a little short. The bushings I got from energy suspension, it was a kit with bolts and bushings. I told AT what bolt pattern I wanted for the trailers and I ordered the spindles, brakes, shocks, airbags and limiting straps from them. Along with lights, stoves and battery chargers. Hope this helps.

AdamCollen

I've been lurking the forums for a little while while I did a small build up on a utility trailer. I hadn't posted until now, but this thread is amazing.

Hands down, one of the best trailer builds on this forum.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
qezu6are.jpg
a2equsu4.jpg

I got my cutting boards back from my step dad's company, thank you Warmoth Guitar for the custom cnc job. One step closer to getting these trailers done.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
I don't have a lot to show, I've been doing a lot of little things to try to get ready for state inspection before the wa st overland rally.I've been doing the weather stripping and got started on the wiring.
gu8yqequ.jpg
7a7uda7u.jpg

I'm hoping to get most the wiring done this weekend.

OtisnRuby

I don't have a lot to show, I've been doing a lot of little things to try to get ready for state inspection before the wa st overland rally.I've been doing the weather stripping and got started on the wiring.I'm hoping to get most the wiring done this weekend.

This thread has kept me from doing work today as I've been reading the posts throughout the day here at work and should have gone home an hour ago. Bascically just saying what others have already mention, great work on the builds.

I'm just starting to put thoughts to paper on my M101A3 conversion and have a simple question for you...for now. The Bulldog jack, did you fab the pneumatic caster or I'm I missing the jack on the BullDog site. I ourchased a 10" wheel and was going to attach (Bulldog adapter) the wheel to a fixed plate for now but wanted the option to have a fixed or wheeled.

Again, great thread!

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
I dont remember where I bought the jacks from with out looking. The place where I did order them from had a black polly wheel the swiveled. I just had to cut the flat base off and drill a whole for a pin to mount it. Hope this helps a little, let me know if you need the website.

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Very nice, well designed professional build you have here: a far cry from my eye ball engineered, garage floor built rig. Well done. Can't wait to see it in June!

rocrunr

Adventurer
You Sir, have some wicked fab skills.That jerry can mount is sweet. The attention to the details will make these trailers stand out in the crowd.Did you say you were going to sell these? Just kidding although you would'nt have any problems if you did decide to. hint hint.lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78