My 2004 Chevrolet Silverado Build

eugene

Explorer
I've added a few mods to my truck so I thought I'd combine them to one thread. Nothing big yet like a lift, just small details as I get started. I'm trying to take my family outdoors often for health and exercise and learning so my truck is becoming out base camp for outings.

So first off, Its a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado, Extended cab, 5.3L V8, 4L60E transmission, 4x4 with z71 off road package and heavy duty towing package. I bought early in 2005 with ~14,000 miles.

eugene

Explorer
I removed the useless ugly window guards and sold the tonneau cover. I started by adding a place for a second battery to power future additions. The 2500 and 3500 trucks with the diesel engine have a second battery from the factory so I purchased the tray and bolted it on. It sits on the passenger fender replacing the fender brace.

eugene

Explorer
The second battery powers a fuse block. I wanted the same factory style mini atc fuses and metripack pins and found the police Tahoes come with one so $3 later I had one too.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Do you happen to have the GM part number for the battery tray? The double battery is a mod on my planning list and would love to get that.

eugene

Explorer
15705102 it was about $20. Now it is for the 03 and up, might not fit an 02, they made a lot of changes for 03.

eugene

Explorer
Next upgrade was new tires, it came with bridgestone dueler AT's and I had to plug two of them on the first offroad trip, I don't know why bridgestone would put AT on street only tires.
New BFG AT KO's in 285 75 R 16 (~33"). I bought a matching wheel and 5 tires so I have a matching spare and can do the 5 tire rotation.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
The Z71 Tahoe roof rack is a great idea! First I have seen that. Now you need to do the back up lights conversion for it.....

Looks very nice.

eugene

Explorer
I've been looking for a set of lights to fit in those 3" cirlces on the rear, is this the conversion your talking about, have others already done it and have a source for 3" lights?

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Yes, the conversion I am referring to puts small round lights in the ends of the roof rack light. There are many over on z71tahoe-suburban.com that have done it, and several that have done detailed how-to write ups. Some use PIAA lights, others have used generic eBay lights. Check out the site for a detailed how to.

I have an LT roof rack and thus unable to do this to my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears