My custom tire/fuel carrier build (Stock bumper)

I saw your video last night. Excellent design and execution. I do have one question. Why did you choose Jerry cans vs a rotopack?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5 Gallon metal cans vs 3-3.5 gal plastic. I wanted to be able to carry 10 gallons. Normally, Ill just carry 1 for fuel and 1 for water, but for trips needing longer fuel stops, I wanted to be able to have that supply. Rotopax didnt make sense for me.

L3TT3RS

@pooping_outside
5 Gallon metal cans vs 3-3.5 gal plastic. I wanted to be able to carry 10 gallons. Normally, Ill just carry 1 for fuel and 1 for water, but for trips needing longer fuel stops, I wanted to be able to have that supply. Rotopax didnt make sense for me.
Understandable! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

krick3tt

Adventurer
I can get three 20 liter (5 gallon) original Nato petrol cans for the cost of one 3.5 gal Rotopak. Which is 5 times the fuel capacity, so for me the math is a no brainer.

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
coming from a fabricator.. nice work!! love the jerry can lock and clamp. doing the swing out over the stock bumper along with utilizing the lower plater around the receiver to look stock was pretty cool! only word of advice is to cover your truck while tack welding around it.. but seriously nice job!

blahhhhhh

coming from a fabricator.. nice work!! love the jerry can lock and clamp. doing the swing out over the stock bumper along with utilizing the lower plater around the receiver to look stock was pretty cool! only word of advice is to cover your truck while tack welding around it.. but seriously nice job!

blahhhhhh

Thank you!!!

GG2

Fuel and Tire Rack.

Thanks for taking the time to share your build with us, you did a great job. This has got me thinking that a project like you have just completed, may be possible with my limited skills. :)

Thanks for taking the time to share your build with us, you did a great job. This has got me thinking that a project like you have just completed, may be possible with my limited skills. :)

Thank you! There was a lot of interest in it, and as I'm trying to figure out direction for my YouTube channel, I thought tech type videos would be helpful to some.

bald.eagle

Observer
Definitely a cool carrier build. It's obvious you are very meticulous with the details. A welder is on my short list of things to buy, to be able to fab up custom parts like this really would be awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78