My DIY solution to the UEV 440

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Not sure if I missed it in the thread....but where did you move to in the state of Texas? I would love to see this thing first hand. I am starting my trailer build after the first of the year.

Excellent work. Thanks for sharing.

You moved to Texas? Im in dallas and would also love to see this thing in person

Thanks guys. Would love to show it to ya. We will be in San Antonio for a cpl more years then back to Colorado. If you are in the neighborhood let me know and i will show ya the trailer. Pm me and ill shoot ya my cell number.

TexasSpeedRacer

I've got a trailer very close to the Morris Mule Trailer and I have a Simpson III w Annex and ARB awning to go above it. The rest is up in the air...but it will have a Kitchen, Shore power with back up battery system, Water with heater and heat for the tent. Still trying to decide on suspension...Timbren axle-less or independent a-arms I have been amassing parts over the last year and now it is time to put this thing together.

I just can't show my wife your trailer....I'll get, "Why don't you just build one of those?"

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Ya know i looked at those timbrens really hard but ultimetly decided to build trailing arms due to size of my tires (37s). If you use them let me know hiw they work out. My wife has already told me i cant build another trailer. Lol. Im like, yeah right!

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Rutdigger I can't stop coming back to this build. I think it's should make the front page. This forum just amazes me with quality homemade trailers. Yours is absolutely top 5 material. I'd call it higher that that but for each of my favorites its like a 5 way tie.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

wanabxtrm

Observer
I may have missed it but where'd you source your tent canvas, and how'd you make the connection to the trailer? I'm making a snow mobile trailer into a camper and intend on using the ramps for the bedrooms and hadn't found a good source for either item.

Also any lessons learned on the canvas buildups that are worth knowing before I start diving in on it?

Great work btw.

Rutdigger

Watch This!
excellent work! thanks for taking the time to post up.

Thanks!

Rutdigger I can't stop coming back to this build. I think it's should make the front page. This forum just amazes me with quality homemade trailers. Yours is absolutely top 5 material. I'd call it higher that that but for each of my favorites its like a 5 way tie.

Dont tease us like that..list your 5 so we can checkem out! :wings:

Rutdigger

Watch This!
I may have missed it but where'd you source your tent canvas, and how'd you make the connection to the trailer? I'm making a snow mobile trailer into a camper and intend on using the ramps for the bedrooms and hadn't found a good source for either item.
Also any lessons learned on the canvas buildups that are worth knowing before I start diving in on it?

Great work btw.

The canvas is shelter rite and i bought it from Sailrite. They have s ton of DIY videos and things to help you get your project done. I attached it to the trailer useing awning tract and awning rope. The rope your sew onto your fabric and it then attaches to the tract. I forget where but i took some pics of how it attaches. As For lessons learned; watch the video from sailrite on patterning a personal watercraft. That will give you the basics for making your latterns, then watch the seams video. That will explain the various seams you can use. Be patient when making your patterns, these will make what you see! Use coil zippers, a tas bit more water resistant and generally easier to zip up. Oh and dont try and sew this stuff on your wifes sewing machine. Get an old singer or one that has metal linkeage as those are more tough and can sew multiple layers. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions while doing your canvass.

Last edited:

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Yeah you build an that are best ones, the others have concepts I considering. I have service body trailer that I want to alter. My skills are no where near anyone hear. So I'm looking doing something more the red service body trailer I posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger