My Jeep JKU dual battery tray install.

dstock

Explorer
649493b27813369081a4ef12ee069d2a.jpg

Not to Hijack, but the NL Split Charge manual shows both factory pos and neg connected to the main battery.

http://www.nationalluna.com/Datasheets/Split-charge%20manual.pdf

jungblud

Observer
I separated the negative cable run that courses through the base of the fuse box and is grounded to the fender and routed it behind the batteries to the same spot. Tidied it all up with some loom and silicon tape.

While I was at it I rearranged the approach to the hold down. I ordered some stainless all thread for the engine side. Rerouted the oba and spod accessory wires as well. Need to shorten one or two.

Overall much better routing and protection for the wiring than I had before. Not to mention wiring the NL proper this time.

ec5a946f420fd7107cb4e4440cee7378.jpg

dstock

Explorer
I separated the negative cable run that courses through the base of the fuse box and is grounded to the fender and routed it behind the batteries to the same spot. Tidied it all up with some loom and silicon tape.

While I was at it I rearranged the approach to the hold down. I ordered some stainless all thread for the engine side. Rerouted the oba and spod accessory wires as well. Need to shorten one or two.

Overall much better routing and protection for the wiring than I had before. Not to mention wiring the NL proper this time.

ec5a946f420fd7107cb4e4440cee7378.jpg

Nicely done! How did you attach the hold down to the tray on engine side? I want to make something similar since I am in the process of pulling my batteries and recovery charging them, now is the time!

jungblud

Observer
I'll weld an overhang on the engine side next week for the hold down. Waiting on stainless all thread now and I'll drill holes and call it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle