My m416 finally finished - and unveiled! (not 56k-friendly)

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Nice set-up!!!!! I have been thinking of a few way of extending the tounge on my M-416. Can you post more pics of extension. Thanks

Mitchss

Observer
Where did you find the lid latches with the green handles? I am using rubber pull type latches and they just don't cut it.

bmonday

Adventurer
blupaddler said:
The trailer looks good. I was wondering where that went.

Question... what is the size of tubing/metal that forms the lid attachment to the trailer? How is it attached to the trailer? Is it welded or bolted? Or?

What is the lid made from? Do you have a "seal" around the lip to keep dirt/dust out? Would or could you post any pic of the underside of the lid frame?

Thanks so much!!!
:jump:

It's mostly simple 1x1 square tubing, except on the sides on the bottom part. There we used 1x3 on one side and 1x2 on the other to make up for the fact that a sheet of diamond plate is only 48" wide and the trailer is wider than that (51" if I recall), and we didn't want to have to deal with a seam in the diamond plate. It also gave us the space we needed to weld on some chain links to use for tie down points.

The lid is attached using bolts. There is a long peice of 1x2 tubing going along the side of the trailer, and through that (and into the tub) is where the hinges are bolted.

You can see the hinge design in this pic:
r_DSCN0414.JPG

A larger version is available here: http://bmonday.com/images/45/o_DSCN0414.JPG

Here's a pic of the underside of the lid. Nothing special there:
r_DSCN0409.JPG

There is a bead of silicone along the edge of the lid, mostly to keep the rattling down. With as many holes as are in this thing, I gave up on keeping the dust out (though the silicone does an adequate job on that as well). There is also silicone between the diamond plate and the lid structure it is bolted to, again to reduce rattling.

Last edited:

Cruiser

Adventurer
By any chance could you post some pics of the "A" frame from the underside? That trailer looks great!! I'll be heading to costco for some of those tie downs too..
Thanks,
Steve
Oh,, whats a 3.2 state?? I dont have to go far for some Yuengling lager,, brewery is 30 minutes away..

Cruiser

Adventurer
yep,, yinnger,, but I'm having lions head tonight,, its from wilkes-barre and only $12 a case for lager,, almost like yuengling,, if your already a 6pack in..

Now back to the show,, more pics....

bigdog

Adventurer
lot's of great design tips to be gained from this build :bowdown:

I want to know more about that bumber. What is it, where'd ya get it, how's it mounted?

The boxes on the side make great use of space. I've been debating over a tonque box or spare tire holder for the front of mine, so this is a great visual.

Last edited:

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Great Job

BMonday I would just like to congratulate you on your M416 project. It looks great. Looking forward to seeing pics of it in action.

Marty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12