My new expo ride..

Jeff H

Adventurer
Its been a while since Ive posted on here. I just sold my 1997 Wrangler and picked up an 02 WJ Limited with the 4.7L and NV-242 transfer case. Its been meticulously maintained and only has 49k miles on it.

Here is a pic off the lot..

2010-05-04092103.jpg

I plan on adding a 3" lift, 265/75/17 tires, and an ARB bumper with a Warn M8000 winch along with some other adventure gear. It'll be nice for long trips with the power and comfort, which my TJ lacked both! :D

Jeff H

Adventurer
Thanks guys. I'm currently looking at getting the IRO 3" lift with adjustable trackbar upgrade and Bilstein 5100s. Anyone have any experience with IRO stuff? They have a group buy going on right now for 20% off plus free shipping on their products.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Nice Grand. That's some low miles for an Erie Jeep. If you need an extra set of hands for any of the mods let me know. :elkgrin:

hugh

Observer
I have been running on my 98 XJ their 6 1/2 long arm kit for 3 years now with no issues. Over at the NAXJA site lot's of the members don't seem to like the 3 link system mostly based on the castor adjusting system. I drive mine on the highway at 100 kmh and take it offroad and it has never let me down. Plus the customer service is great. Here is picture of the XJ doing a test tow of my trailer to a lake in northern Ontario just before I finished it off into a tiny travel trailer.
ethelmalake003-1.jpg

Last edited:

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
very nice. i'm considering getting one of those next. i got rid of my commander and will need another vehicle. those have some get up and go.

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
I'll throw my hat in the ring as being someone that is not a fan of the IRO long arm lift. The arm design looks kludgey to me. Additionally I really don't like the lack of an upper support on the passenger side arm to help restrain the axle under braking and cornering forces. The upper mount on the driver's side is going to be overworked. I wouldn't run it.

I have no direct experience with the IRO long arms. Take the above for what it is worth.

If (when?) I get a WJ I'll go with the Clayton Off-Road lift. I'm not sure if Full-Traction or TNT Customs makes a lift for the WJ.

$0.02

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
I had a 3.5" lift on my WJ and was extremely happy with it. BTW, I still have the adjustable track bar from my WJ laying on my garage ... :rolleyes:

Jeff H

Adventurer
Nice Grand. That's some low miles for an Erie Jeep. If you need an extra set of hands for any of the mods let me know. :elkgrin:

I was pretty surprised that I was able to find one with that low of mileage around here. I will definitely take you up on that once I start wrenching on it. :friday:

very nice. i'm considering getting one of those next. i got rid of my commander and will need another vehicle. those have some get up and go.

I was pretty giddy when I got on it from a stop. My TJ was a 4 banger and couldnt get out of its own way.

I'll throw my hat in the ring as being someone that is not a fan of the IRO long arm lift. The arm design looks kludgey to me. Additionally I really don't like the lack of an upper support on the passenger side arm to help restrain the axle under braking and cornering forces. The upper mount on the driver's side is going to be overworked. I wouldn't run it.

I have no direct experience with the IRO long arms. Take the above for what it is worth.

If (when?) I get a WJ I'll go with the Clayton Off-Road lift. I'm not sure if Full-Traction or TNT Customs makes a lift for the WJ.

$0.02

If I were considering a long arm lift I would definitely go with Clayton. They have a solid reputation from what I've read and the Currie joints are a plus.

Jeff H

Adventurer
Well, I sent my info for the group buy over at Jeep Forum for the IRO 3" lift with the Bilstein 5100s. The buy ends on the 15th and everything should be sent on on the 21st. I must say this has to be the fastest Ive ever purchased a lift for any of my Jeeps. :wings:

Now I need to go find some JK Rubicon take-offs.. and go work some more to pay for all of it! :coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears