My Rover

revor

Explorer
Nice!!!!! Check the Ratio by counting revs or the ring gear to be sure. One rev of the ring should equal 4 rev of the pinion..

Molesting XD's? I done see mine as molested...Toy rear (I sell what I run), heated leather seats or Td5... Maybe I'm just jealous because you didn't poke me in the ribs...

Or maybe I want to paint my Black car yellow so I REALLY get into some trouble!!!

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
yeah, it's a 4.10

I'm getting anxious, I want to put this thing in!:wings:

I sold my GBR axles yesterday, and the 45min drive on the freeway made me really want to go bigger than a 285/75/16. I just think the 33" is too small for 4.11's cause I'm getting passed by everyone and everything on the freeway! taller tire sounds nice...

revor

Explorer
Alright.. We're gonna work out the bugs for a 35" tire on a clean XD... I'll buy your tires mebbe..

Did Lane hook you up?

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
revor said:
Alright.. We're gonna work out the bugs for a 35" tire on a clean XD... I'll buy your tires mebbe..

Did Lane hook you up?

yeah, now that's what I'm talkin about! do you remember that you're the one that got me these tires? haha, I was deleting old pm's on LRRforum and noticed that it was you who told me about Wide Open Baja selling the KM2's for cheap....

and yes, Lane's the man. He's sending me the housing for free

I'm gonna buy you guys a TON of beer when I go to the rally next year. :beer:

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Hey Matt,

Glad to hear you got the rear axles sold. Just wanted to let you know that the idiot waving to you this morning on Estates was me in my wife's car (silver Mazda MX6). She drove the cruiser to work this morning.:safari-rig:

Jack

LC/LR4Life

Adventurer
DiscoveryXD-

For what it's worth two guys in my club have both full ARB conversions front and rear, CDL and never have a problem. They both got the full 3rd member swap out from GBR, and had no troubles.

As far as strength, yes the Toyota axles and gears are stronger. However I have seen the guys in my Rover club do some pretty extreme stuff in their Discos with Rover drive train and not broken anything. Of course we all take it as slow and easy as possible too, and I think that goes a long way for longevity of your parts, no matter what you have.

Love your truck! Wish my Disco looked as cool.

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
LC/LR4Life said:
DiscoveryXD-

For what it's worth two guys in my club have both full ARB conversions front and rear, CDL and never have a problem. They both got the full 3rd member swap out from GBR, and had no troubles.

As far as strength, yes the Toyota axles and gears are stronger. However I have seen the guys in my Rover club do some pretty extreme stuff in their Discos with Rover drive train and not broken anything. Of course we all take it as slow and easy as possible too, and I think that goes a long way for longevity of your parts, no matter what you have.

Love your truck! Wish my Disco looked as cool.

I hear yah. There are many people out there who have Bills parts and are very happy with them. Bill has tried to help me out with this situation (it's on dweb if you're curious) and I have no hard feelings at all towards him or Shawn. I will gladly pay them a visit or whatever when I'm in Utah someday, but I just choose to go this route. After researching the toy conv., I knew that I wanted to do it for sure. Not a matter of if, but when, and one of the reasons I chose to do it now is simply getting more $$ for my parts because they are pretty new. I don't want to do this conversion next year, and get a lot less for my ARB, carrier, axles, etc.. simply because they are older and used. I didn't really know what was involved in the toy conversion (didn't research it much) but now I do and this is the route I want to go.

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
locrwln said:
Hey Matt,

Glad to hear you got the rear axles sold. Just wanted to let you know that the idiot waving to you this morning on Estates was me in my wife's car (silver Mazda MX6). She drove the cruiser to work this morning.:safari-rig:

Jack

haha, I waved at the last second.:sombrero:

DiscoveryXD

Adventurer
LC/LR4Life said:
He let his wife drive his Cruiser??

OMG....
:oops:

and it's lifted with big tires, roof rack, bumpers, all the good stuff!

I don't even like it when my own father drives my truck. :D

locrwln

Expedition Leader
DiscoveryXD said:
haha, I waved at the last second.:sombrero:

I saw that, I just figured you were doing it out of reflex and wondering why some guy in a car was waving.:smilies27

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12