My SAS Mazda B2600 Diesel Expedition project

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
It's great having a best friend as a bodyshop manager! :wings:

smugshot_6527933-M.jpg

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Had a 91 B2200, that was a nice truck, similar topper to yours. I built a bed in the back, carpet, covered the windows in reflective material to keep the light out and make it private. Was GREAT on gas and handled very well. If I could find one in good shape I would probably get another one, the only thing I did not like was the rear seating but back then I didn't have any kids.:wings:

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Jeff you certinaly have great taste in ExPo Rig's. I just Love your LWB Diesel Samurai. Hope thing's go very smoothly with the Mazda Diesel Swap :victory:

Brian

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I got started on the coversion last night. First thing that needs to be done is swapping an oil pan from a 87-88 B2600 4x4 to the diesel block. The oil pan that came with the motor is front sump, I need a rear sump to clear the front diff. The pan that's on the B2600i's will not work.

smugshot5350891-L.jpg

The new pan will be stripped and painted.

smugshot294820-L.jpg

I also need to modify the oil pickup by extending it to the rear of the block to match the new pan...

smugshot837906-L.jpg

smugshot5316855-L.jpg

Ferr3t

That this is gonna be a beast when you get it done. I'm quite jealous...wish I could swap a diesel in my 4.0 ranger! I'll be watching this thread intently...:)

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
I fabbed up the oil pickup last night which was easier than I thought it would be. I didnt' need to move the dipstick after all as it works just fine where it is. All I need now is to install a bung in the oil pan for the oil return then I can button up the bottom. Pics to come soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger