My Taco Phoenix Pop Up Camper

Captm

Adventurer
Runt - it's great that you get proper customer service from Pheonix Campers, it's not so great that you choose to rub it in the face of a Pheonix Camper customer who's had the exact opposite experience.
Cheers

Runt

Adventurer
Not my intention......just think its crap how they get ripped apart on the forum by others who have no experience (not referring to Mytaco...feel badly for him and hope they get it resolved). Just trying to state that there is good experiences with Phoenix campers as well. People have right to express there opinion & experience. Not at all trying to rub it in the face of Phoenix Camper customers whom have had a bad experience. Figured I would get ripped apart any way for posting any thing positive.

Captm

Adventurer
It may have not been your intention but that's how it read. You've posted plenty of positive stuff in your own threads for sure and never got ripped apart. You certainly didn't get ripped apart for your recent positive posts here.
Cheers

MYTACO

Adventurer
Runt, I have had good experiences with Phoenix when it comes to general items. Recently (last week) I inquired about the fact that the on demand water heater not working. I was concerned because the pipes had apparently frozen while it was back in Coloado. In short, I would get hot water for about two seconds, then nada. I emailed Rob and he checked his water heater and went through the settings. I am able to get hot water, so his instructions seemed to have worked. Will know more the next time I am out!--which will likely be at the Expo. :wings:

MYTACO

Adventurer
Ok I know this may sound trivial, but I want to include this as part of the full picture.

The under bed storage is vital in this TC. For some reason the wood would hang up and also cause issues when using the bed extender. My dogs were also finding screws. This weekend I decided to investigate.

This is what I found under the mattress.
zaryjuhy.jpg
8uhyvapy.jpg
ge5uruzu.jpg
e7y6u8aj.jpg

I am now heading to Lowes to see if I can find a better hinge system. These screws don't look long enough to secure much of anything. Can't imagine what it would look like if I took this off road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINO

Adventurer
Those #8 and #10 screws are everywhere in my Phoenix. I've since replaced the ones with questionable durability with a proper nut (lock washer, serrated nut or T-nut) and bolt.

MYTACO

Adventurer
Am having a heck of time replacing because of the caulking they used (apparently in an attempt to even to boards).

MYTACO

Adventurer
It ain't going nowhere now! Piano hinges, reversed still allowing 90 degree angle. Needed to reverse because the unfinished board was 1/2 inch, where as the finished board was 3/8. Used washers to assist in offset.
ade6uqyh.jpg
pu5u5aje.jpg
eta4u4ag.jpg

MYTACO

Adventurer
Just fixed the door catches. They used plastic ones and they kept breaking. Here are the new and old pics.
e6a4u8am.jpg
old
aga8ajaz.jpg
broken one
ezyre5yz.jpg
new

Ok! Now I can load her up and getting ready for the Expo trip!

MYTACO

Adventurer
Forgot to mention. A pack of ten of the metal ones was $7.42. The plastic ones were $5.98. If you plan on getting a build from Phoenix, pay the extra for the metal ones.

Just Jeff

Observer
MYTACO - thanks for taking the time to document your experience. You make several points that are not subjective or open to interpretation, like the pictures of both paint jobs. Even understanding that yours is only one experience among many, this is helpful info for a purchasing decision.

MYTACO

Adventurer
Rotti, I didn't make it to the expo as planned. A family issue came up and curtailed the plans. I am now traveling along my favorite Rte 66 and should hit Chicago tomorrow just in time to watch a Cubs/Cards game. Then heading to the Wisconsin Dells. Need to check it off my list.

The repairs were so-so. Camper still leaks, but I'm tackling that as it comes. Now I seems to be the floor. I will likely have to replace the cork flooring soon.

I quit posting because of all of the negativity. Between the posts and the PMs, it was too much. I only intended to educate others. Appears to have been taken as my attempt to bankrupt Phoenix. I'm all for the small American business company...but. They definitely have their followers, and I'm happy the got a good camper.

Maybe I can start another thread just on travels...

MYTACO

Adventurer
MYTACO - thanks for taking the time to document your experience. You make several points that are not subjective or open to interpretation, like the pictures of both paint jobs. Even understanding that yours is only one experience among many, this is helpful info for a purchasing decision.

Jeff, very happy you found it useful. That was my intent with the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger